Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Help with Khmer-English Translation

• bleucheese

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2009

I will be traveling to Cambodia for a few weeks and I have a sever nut allergy. I am hoping someone can help translate this: "I cannot eat any nuts especially peanuts and peanut oil. I can die if I eat peanuts or peanut oil. If your kitchen uses peanut oil or peanuts, I should not eat here or there will be an emergency. Thank you."
    Its actually not quite that severe- I react very quickly, vomit and have a sore stomach for a day, but I would like to avoid that situation as much as possible. I am very adventurous with eating but alas, I am limited by this debilatating allergy.

THANKS

BC

#1 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 09:45

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I certainly can;t help too much, but a quick search on goolge throws up a few sites that claim to translate.
    However, if I were you I'd fire off a quick email to the Cambodian Embassy and ask them to do it.

http://www.cambodianembassy.org.uk/
    They should be happy enough to help you, they emailed me back within 24hrs when I had a question for them.

#2 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 05:22

• marigeri

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2006

khniom hot ban niam sundaek dey; prossen khniom niam khniom tchou nah!
    but try just khniom hot ban niam peanut;
    there is peanut in some sauce but i don t think they cook with peanut oil:
    don t worry to much about this; most of the place someone can speak english;
    or you just can show peanuts sample;;; and say khniom (me) hot bahn niam nee!

#3 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 05:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.