Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap "Happy Pizza" Information Update

• themuths

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2009
    Location United States

Posted from within Vietnam.

Since all the "happy pizza" information on here is at least a year old, I thought people traveling to Cambodia might appreciate an update. I'm not affiliated with any of the businesses or websites mentioned, nor am I encouraging you to take part in any illegal activities, I'm just a traveler who personally wanted to satisfy my curiosity and eat "happy" and drink "happy" while in Cambodia. Perhaps you are, too?

As the title indicates, this is solely about Siem Reap, I did not seek out any "happy" food while in Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville, though I am sure it is readily available...

First off, don't waste your time trying any off the places recommended in the guidebooks. Happy Herb's Pizza (from the Lonely Planet) is terrible. Even when you request "extra happy" they don't put anything on it - they know they will continue to get plenty of business because of the LP, so it seems they don't believe it's worth the risk or expensive to actually put ganja in their food. I would imagine that Ecstatic Pizza, two stores down, is the same way since it is also starting to get a lot of Western guidebook attention, but I myself did not try their goods. It should be mentioned that Happy Herb's pizza was quite tasty, after all a strong dose of "happiness" certainly impacts the flavor of food, and not necessarily for the better.

Upon the recommendation of an expat living in Siem Reap, who was clearly in the know, Happy Special Pizza is the place to go to. It has a cheesy white neon sign outside, with a green smiling sun, and makes a proper and effective "happy pizza." They also make "happy shakes" for cheap, which is good because you may not want to eat pizza every single time you want to be "happy."

I've written a one-page article that is much more detailed and specific, if you are interested in that let me know, and we can sort out a way to get it to you privately - don't want to cause TravelFish any problems.

Otherwise, the website www.webehigh.com is a pretty reliable resource for information of this type, and includes an extensive database of cities all over the world.

Hope this helps some people, and just remember to be extra careful when you're extra "happy" - and hopefully you can avoid trying "happy SNAKE" which my guesthouse served me without explanation of what it was!

#1 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 11:06

• Advertisement

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

I've been to the happy pizza place in Phnom Penh on the river, just down from where california 2 used to be. I don't know if that's the one in LP or not.

To be honest, it was probably the best tasting pizza i'd ever had. I ordered "only a little bit happy", and i was totally wasted for hours and hours and didn't feel good in the morning. Totally recommended if your with some trusted friends.

Not recommended if you are alone and new to Phnom Penh.

#2 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 13:04

• lukebp

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2009

You can't beat the lakeside in Phnom Penh for Happy Pizza. I've tried it at about four different places there and none have disappointed. They know what customers want and they provide it. And it tastes delicious too.

#3 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 14:46

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Hah.....nothing wrong with an extra happy shake or pizza while you are on holiday in Cambodia!!!

Sihanoukville or lakeside in Phnom Pehn are the places to go if you are interested in that. It can be enjoyed freely at the lakeside in PP. Same in Sihanoukville and I was delighted when the beach bars were openly selling it (anyone ever bought it from "Joe" there???)

If it's your thing, enjoy it. Cambodia is a great place for that!!! ;-)

#4 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 15:03

• dom

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

themuths
    I am interested with your written a one-page article that is much more detailed and specific. Thanks..Regards..DOM

#5 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 09:37

• themuths

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2009
    Location United States

Posted from within Vietnam.

Click Here

Hope it's informative...

#6 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 01:05

• ricksmylie

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2009
    Location Earth

mmmmmmmmm.... pizza........

#7 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 23:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Happy Special Pizza in Siem Reap ... By Snickerbilly on 4 Apr 2013 1 3149 4 Apr 2013
Happy Pizza ... By mattocmd on 23 Oct 2008 3 4616 19 Nov 2008
Ecstatic Pizza - Siem Reap ... By johns55 on 12 Feb 2011 5 5116 2 Jan 2014
Update on Flights from Pakse to Siem Reap ... By esedransk on 26 Jun 2009 1 3370 27 Jun 2009
Poipet to Siem Reap (information on taxi transportation) ... By farsidetravel on 31 May 2009 0 2733 31 May 2009
Update information for Thailand ... By chiewn14 on 4 Jul 2014 0 402 4 Jul 2014