Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Festivals

• womble86

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Anybody know of any local or national festivals going on in Cambodia throughout Nov / Dec? I'm starting to put together a plan of what to do and where to go and was hoping to fit in some culture on the way!

Cheers,
    Tim.

#1 Posted: 29/9/2009 - 19:36

• Advertisement

• palusami

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2009

The water festival- Bonn om Touk- from the 1st to the 4th is a huge event especially in Phnom Penh with boat races. Independence day on the 9th Nov with parades etc. Christmas is a non event this being a Buddhist country.

#2 Posted: 2/10/2009 - 14:33

• onceuponthe

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2009
    Location France

I love the water festival in siem reap, the feeling in the air is incredible, all siem reap come along the river to walk, and look at the boat race but also pick nick, then at nght time, there is the pro thit that you light with candle and float in the river,
    there is also many people in the street so the temple should be quieter a little bit. i don t want to go to phnom pehn where ;y friend told me everyplace are more expensdive and you can almost not move because it full of people and so you cannot see anything

#3 Posted: 4/10/2009 - 01:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.