Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Is the Lazy Fish Guesthouse still open?

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

I am travelling to Cambodia in January and looking at accommodation options in Phnom Penh. One of the cheaper options recommended by Travelfish is the Lazy Fish Guesthouse.

However, in researching it, I have come accross articles stating that it was closed down in June as part of some political powerplay:

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile.php/2009statements/2088/

It is unclear from this article whether the closure was temporary or whether it has been shut down permanently. Does anyone know if the Lazy Fish Guesthouse is still open?

#1 Posted: 15/10/2009 - 17:47

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I hope nothing bad has happened to the lazyfish,they and Sim next door in Smiles are the nicest people on the lake.If you are concerned you could telephone or e-mail them.The numbers are 012 703 368, 099 370 478, or 016 533 913.E-mail; lazyfishlakeside@hotmail.com.
    I was talking to the local police,Virak, in March and he seemed to think the authorities are running out of patience with the guesthouse owners and there was a distinct possibility of someone 'carelessly' dropping a lighted match onto some 'accidently' tipped gasoline soon.sounded ominous

#2 Posted: 15/10/2009 - 20:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.