Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

e-visa / Cambodia Angkor Air

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Just a couple of things I said I'd report back on once in Cambodia...

Firstly, the e-visa system worked brilliantly, we were able to bypass the queues for a visa and were waiting for our luggage within 5 mins of getting off the plane. Well worth the $5 processing fee... Definitely recommended.

Secondly, the new national airline seemed great to us. Virtually new plane, friendly crew, punctual, drink service on a 35min flight, what more could you ask for!!!

Finally, I know Stuart highly rates the trip to Kompong Khleang, but just to add, it's fantastic - if you can afford it and have the time, it really is a must do.

Also, one other finally - we stayed at The Two Dragons guesthouse and were impressed. The staff were friendly, the tuk-tuk drivers helpful and all round it was a great place to stay in our humble opinion.

#1 Posted: 16/10/2009 - 16:36

• Advertisement

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Thanks for the post, really useful

#2 Posted: 17/10/2009 - 05:27

• sweetbj10

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Definitely recommend the Two Dragons guesthouse as well. Staff are all very pleasant, it's a nice quiet area, but still close to conveniences, and a nice walk to Pub Street (although in April it's really hot and muggy, so grab a tuk tuk unless you want to be soaked when you get there). And my tuk tuk driver for the temples, Maron, was very nice and helpful on each of the 3 days I used his services

#3 Posted: 17/10/2009 - 06:47

• twicz98

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2009

What website did you purchase your evisa from?
    You mentioned the "national airline". did you fly from Bangkok to Siem Reap? I was looking for a flight from Bangkok to Siem Reap, but I don't see any more flights.

I also booked at the Two Dragons Guesthouse. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Looking forward to it.

#4 Posted: 18/10/2009 - 07:38

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy enjoying Phnom Penh !

The website I got my e-visa from was http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx?PortDir=Asc&VisaApplicationDir=Asc

The national airline doesn't fly Bangkok to Siem Reap - the only airline that currently does is Bangkok Airways as they have a monopoly on the route until the end of the year I believe... Be warned, because of this, flights are expensive!!!

The Two Dragons was really nice and I'd definitely stay again. There tuk-tuk drivers are real characters too.

Just finished four nights in Phnom Penh and splurged on The Pavillion, getting one of their private pool rooms. Awesome is all I can say, fanstastic room, brilliant pool, friendly and helpful staff - definitely recommended. When I come back to Phnom Penh, it will be the only place I'll consider!

Cheers
    Mark.

#5 Posted: 20/10/2009 - 12:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.