Which has more things to see / do?

#1 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 21:49

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

It depends.

Personally, I think Laos has more destinations, more variety, and more things to see and do. How much time do you have to spend and what types of things do you like to do? Are you gaga over ancient temples or is hanging out in a hammock next to the river more your style?

#2 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 21:59

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

I'm not overly gaga over temples. I'd like to see a few but not hundreds. I like to relax too and I understand Cambodia has some magnificent (not tourist wrecked) beaches.... Which Laos doesn't as it's landlocked.

Thoughts?

#3 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 22:03

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

laos is landlocked? who knew?!?

if it is beaches you want, then is sounds like Cambodia is the right choice for you. if you are flying in and out of Bangkok, then you could always stop at a few Thai beaches on Koh Chang and surrounds on your way back from Cambodia too.

don't completely discount chilling out in a hammock along the Mekong in Laos however. the 4,000 islands area is a world-class do nothing destination, as are many other places in Laos.

either way you can't go wrong. both countries are great places to visit, and you'll have a rocking great time either way.

#4 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 05:09

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Thanks for your advice, I'll take it on board.

And your sarcasm of course!

#5 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 14:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.