Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Resource and Guide

Posted by travelsalone on 26/10/2009 at 06:50

I had an amazing trip to Cambodia, and must credit my unique experiences in both Siem Reap and other places I travelled to my guide in Siem Reap - am I allowed to say his name here and contact info? I see other people post info. so his is: touch_sopanha@yahoo.com. Sophana was professional, extremely knowledgeable, versatile, always willing to help with things not directly associated with touring, and he has a beautiful and contagious smile! Sophana speaks and writes excellent English and I had no problems communicating with him through email and telephone prior to my trip, and in-person while with him. Mr. Sophana is not only knowledgeable about the temples, culture and Cambodia overall, but his passion for his country and people is strong and he is enthusiastic about sharing his passions. Sophana worked with me to tailor my trip specifically to my wants and needs and offered invaluable information and suggestions to help me with my trip decisions. In addition, when I left Siem Reap he put me in touch with others he trusted to help me during my travels. I highly recommend Mr. Sophana as not only a Siem Reap tour guide, but also as an invaluable asset to all facets of Cambodia travel. I am happy to answer any questions - I hope I have not broken Forum rules here...

#1 travelsalone has been a member since 19/3/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 41

Posted by climbg on 27/10/2009 at 18:05

hi travelsalone,

your 'guide' sounds good, too. is it okay if i contact Mr. Sophana directly? thanks so much for the feedback.

cheers,
climbg :)

#2 climbg has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by travelsalone on 28/10/2009 at 06:45

Yes, contact him. He answers his email pretty quickly and will also call or text if need be. Tell him Jakut in Jakarta says hello...

#3 travelsalone has been a member since 19/3/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 41

Posted by climbg on 29/10/2009 at 02:52

thanks for that. i'll email him later on today.
btw, are you based in jakarta? are you indonesian by any chance?

#4 climbg has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by travelsalone on 29/10/2009 at 07:35

I live in Jakarta (15 months now) but am not Indonesian (American).

#5 travelsalone has been a member since 19/3/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 41

Posted by climbg on 30/10/2009 at 14:00

sorry to be so forward, but what do you do in jkt? is this the first time you've been to jkt? do you speak bhs indo? i know this is not the best forum to be asking these questions. sorry :)

#6 climbg has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 14

Posted by travelsalone on 4/11/2009 at 06:36

There is no way to send just you a message here? I am a teacher and came here 15 months ago knowing nothing about Jkta, do not speak much Bahasa, but gestures go a long way...

#7 travelsalone has been a member since 19/3/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 41

Posted by climbg on 4/11/2009 at 18:21

yes, my email is angg_tan@yahoo.com.au
sorry that i ask a lot of questions, i'm just naturally curious :)

#8 climbg has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.