Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Resource and Guide

• travelsalone

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2006
    Location Cambodia

I had an amazing trip to Cambodia, and must credit my unique experiences in both Siem Reap and other places I travelled to my guide in Siem Reap - am I allowed to say his name here and contact info? I see other people post info. so his is: touch_sopanha@yahoo.com. Sophana was professional, extremely knowledgeable, versatile, always willing to help with things not directly associated with touring, and he has a beautiful and contagious smile! Sophana speaks and writes excellent English and I had no problems communicating with him through email and telephone prior to my trip, and in-person while with him. Mr. Sophana is not only knowledgeable about the temples, culture and Cambodia overall, but his passion for his country and people is strong and he is enthusiastic about sharing his passions. Sophana worked with me to tailor my trip specifically to my wants and needs and offered invaluable information and suggestions to help me with my trip decisions. In addition, when I left Siem Reap he put me in touch with others he trusted to help me during my travels. I highly recommend Mr. Sophana as not only a Siem Reap tour guide, but also as an invaluable asset to all facets of Cambodia travel. I am happy to answer any questions - I hope I have not broken Forum rules here...

#1 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 06:50

• Advertisement

• climbg

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

hi travelsalone,

your 'guide' sounds good, too. is it okay if i contact Mr. Sophana directly? thanks so much for the feedback.

cheers,
    climbg :)

#2 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 18:05

• travelsalone

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2006
    Location Cambodia

Yes, contact him. He answers his email pretty quickly and will also call or text if need be. Tell him Jakut in Jakarta says hello...

#3 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 06:45

• climbg

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

thanks for that. i'll email him later on today.
    btw, are you based in jakarta? are you indonesian by any chance?

#4 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 02:52

• travelsalone

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2006
    Location Cambodia

I live in Jakarta (15 months now) but am not Indonesian (American).

#5 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 07:35

• climbg

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

sorry to be so forward, but what do you do in jkt? is this the first time you've been to jkt? do you speak bhs indo? i know this is not the best forum to be asking these questions. sorry :)

#6 Posted: 30/10/2009 - 14:00

• travelsalone

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2006
    Location Cambodia

There is no way to send just you a message here? I am a teacher and came here 15 months ago knowing nothing about Jkta, do not speak much Bahasa, but gestures go a long way...

#7 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 06:36

• climbg

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

yes, my email is angg_tan@yahoo.com.au
    sorry that i ask a lot of questions, i'm just naturally curious :)

#8 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 18:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.