Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

ATM denominations in Cambodia

• Roey77

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2009

Hi,

We're off to Cambodia in a week and are having abit of trouble getting USD here as our bank just sold the last lot of cash this morning. We could go to the Travelex but their rate is .88 and the bank's rate is .90.

I'm wondering what denominations the ATM's in Cambodia spit out. Are they all $50 or a mix of $20 also??

Does anyone know what the rate to change AUD to USD is over there??

Thanks

Roey

#1 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 16:36

• Advertisement

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

The ATMs I used in Cambodia dished out $10, $20 and $50 notes...

If you can find them, use the Cambodia Public Bank or SBC bank ATMs as they don't charge for cash withdrawals from international cards. The most common ATM are ANZ ones which charge $4 when using an international card.

Cheers
    Mark.

#2 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 20:12

• Roey77

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2009

Thanks for the info Mark.

We've got a Travel Money card from the Commonwealth Bank and will be loading money onto that via BPAY. Seems like a good idea in the event we fall victim to card skimming or loss/theft. You get 2 cards, both with different pin numbers and nothing is linked to our personal accounts.

Also just happened to read your post about the Cambodian e-visa. We were humming and harring about it but have decided to get one. Anything to get out of the aiport quicker. :o)

We are also travelling by bus from Phnom Penh to Saigon... do we still have to pay the $25 departure tax??

Cheers and Beers

Roey

#3 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 22:55

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Roey,

No, if you are leaving by road you avoid the $25 departure tax...

Yeah, i'd definitely opt for an e-visa if you are in a hurry to get out the airport - I think we were off the plane, visa'd and luggage collected within about 20 mins with the e-visa system at Siem Reap.

Cheers,
    Mark.

#4 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 00:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.