Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Nice hotel in PP

Posted by jojow25 on 1/11/2009 at 16:35

I am looking for recommendations for a two night stay in a good hotel in PP - I am hoping to treat my gf for her birthday (whilst otherwise budget backpacking) so am looking to spend around 100 USD per night. Somewhere romantic, clean,with a swimming pool (and a bath?) and a bit special would be great for us. Let us know if you have stayed somewhere nice like this in PP and would recommend. Cheers!!!

#1 jojow25 has been a member since 9/9/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 29

Posted by mattocmd on 1/11/2009 at 17:25

Personally I've only stayed in budget guesthouses near the lake. But Travelfish has a good feature story on this here:

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/48

Scroll down to "Top end" and you'll get some good suggestions.

#2 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by chrispyrolls on 1/11/2009 at 18:51

The Bilabong is nice, but cheaper than $100 so may not be as nice as you want ... The FCC is the classic grand place on the river ... great cocktails there too! The Quay is around your price range, but never been there so would not know what it's like

Chris

#3 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by tails101 on 1/11/2009 at 19:29

I'd highly recommend the Pavillion (http://www.thepavilion.asia/homeeng.htm) and their private pool rooms (they have four).

Cost is $90 a night. The bathrooms can be a little small and only have a shower, but the rooms are immaculate, spacious and each of the rooms has it's own patio with a private 6x3m plunge pool. Perfect IMHO.

Cheers,
Mark.

#4 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.