Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bricks for Cambodia

• jasperl

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2009

Hi all,
    On the streets of Battambang today, I spoke to a guy called Narath inviting me over to visit his project called Bricks for Cambodia. A school teaching English to local children (http://www.brick-for-cambodia.net/). Since I'm not able to visit them my self (I'm leaving for Pnom Penh), I'd like to ask if any of you have heard of the organisation and if you've visited the school.
    In case of positive feedback, I'm sure to make a donation.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Jasper

Ps, I'm a new poster, but a longtime reader of travelfish, and did use the search function which didn't return any probable results... ;)

#1 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 16:29

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Wow check that out!

Look at all the students in the photos that they work with, and the entire operation costs only $200 a month to run!

Travelers are welcome to stop by and help out without having to pay the HUGE sums of money asked by many crooks in the region who profit off of the kids.

I will also pledge to make a donation if someone can vouch for them.

#2 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 08:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.