Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bricks for Cambodia

Posted by jasperl on 12/11/2009 at 16:29

Hi all,
On the streets of Battambang today, I spoke to a guy called Narath inviting me over to visit his project called Bricks for Cambodia. A school teaching English to local children (http://www.brick-for-cambodia.net/). Since I'm not able to visit them my self (I'm leaving for Pnom Penh), I'd like to ask if any of you have heard of the organisation and if you've visited the school.
In case of positive feedback, I'm sure to make a donation.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Jasper

Ps, I'm a new poster, but a longtime reader of travelfish, and did use the search function which didn't return any probable results... ;)

#1 jasperl has been a member since 12/11/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by mattocmd on 13/11/2009 at 08:22

Wow check that out!

Look at all the students in the photos that they work with, and the entire operation costs only $200 a month to run!

Travelers are welcome to stop by and help out without having to pay the HUGE sums of money asked by many crooks in the region who profit off of the kids.

I will also pledge to make a donation if someone can vouch for them.

#2 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.