Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville or Kampot/Kep

• gillerz960

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2009

I originally planned to go Sihanoukville but the more I read about it the less appealing it becomes.

I am looking for a beach destination in Cambodia that has good bars etc but isn't too touristy or built up.

Kep is probably the preferred destination at the moment, does this sound like a good idea or shoul I consider somewhere else?

#1 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 22:07

• Advertisement

• Saphir

Click here to learn more about Saphir
    Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 57

I went to Sihanoukville a few months ago but after wandering around I just had the feeling that it wasn't a place I could take to. Can't say exactly what it was, but it just did not appeal. So I had lunch and hopped a bus. Have not been to other beachy places in Cambodia, though, so am unable to advise. However, I think everyone has to make up their own mind. Just because some people don't like Sihanoukville doesn't mean you won't - you might really like it.

#2 Posted: 21/11/2009 - 04:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Transport from Sihanoukville to Kampot ... By Juha_H on 27 Dec 2013 2 908 30 Dec 2013
Honda Win for sale in Kampot or Sihanoukville (Cambodia) ... By incambodia on 9 Dec 2011 2 748 10 Dec 2011