Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Itinary With Baby

• NancyNoo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

My wife and I are planning a 3 week trip to Cambodia in February with our baby who will be 14 months old. We had settled on 3 nights in Phnom Penh,a week in Kep and 4 nights in Kampot with the rest of the time in Bangkok.
    We have visited Cambodia once before 6 years ago when we visited Banlung, Siem Reap, PP and Sihanoukville and loved it. When we showed our itinery to a friend who also has a one year old and has visited Kep/Kampot two years ago she was very critical, saying that the itinery was not suitable and that we were being irresponsible by taking our daughter to Cambodia. She said a week was far too long to stay in Kep and that Kampot only warranted 2/3 days. Her advice was that as our flight was to Bangkok we should stay in Thailand as it is more developed and a less risky place to take a baby.
    Can anyone offer any advise? We just want to have a relaxed break,but we are now confused and unsure what we should do.

#1 Posted: 23/11/2009 - 15:22

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We did an almost identical trip with a ten month old a year of so back. We flex Bali to KL to Phnom Penh, spend a few days there, then got a taxi (to ourselves) and drove down to Kep -- spent four nights there, then to Kampot for a couple of nights -- can't remember how many to be honest! then back to Phnom Penh.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If you're looking for a relaxing break, what you have spelt out exactly fits the bill. I'd consider some of the more mid range places to stay (ideally with hot water) but there's plenty of those in both Kep and Kampot.

The only "issue" with the trip was the car didn't have seatbelts, so we carried Lyla in a BabyBjorn as a baby seat wasn't feasible.

More questions, ask away -- Cambodians are terrific with kids.

#2 Posted: 24/11/2009 - 07:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
10 day cambodia itinary ... By 45baht on 28 Jul 2010 8 2402 16 Sep 2010
Itinary/advice for cambodia ... By lonetraveldiver on 9 Nov 2010 3 2648 11 Nov 2010