Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Place to Stay in Sihanoukville

• tembigirl

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

My husband and I are 60, budget travelers but not into bars and partying. Can anyone recommend a nice beach and peaceful,quiet place to stay for 5 days, either on the beach or near it. Inexpensive.

#1 Posted: 3/12/2009 - 00:44

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The joints on Otres seem to be getting the best feedback for quieter places to stay -- see our Otres Beach accommodation listings for some leads.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2009 - 08:17

• oscarcat

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008
    Location Cambodia

Just left Sinville today stayed at Ocean Walk Inn on Serendipity Rd, nice quite clean free wifi rooms from 7$ (fan) also air con rooms, good food nice guy running place called Matthew so I wld reccomend that however the beach @ Serendipity has been virtually washed away and of course there are plenty of loud bars nearby although I was undisturbed there during my stay.

#3 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 11:03

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I left Sihanoukville one week ago.Ocheateal is a mess with the beach washed away.Just seems more crowded with beggars and taxigirls. Otres is definitely the better beach.Clean and in a superb location.

#4 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 13:19

• tembigirl

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Thanks everyone for your help. It seems Otres it will be. If anyone has any particular recommendations for a place to stay there in the midrange, much appreciated!

#5 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 23:32

• Brendagoeth-
    enberg

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2010

Hi. I'm travelling in Cambodia with my boyfriend and I had your same needs: a beautiful place where to stay quiet and not far from the beach.
    At soon we arrived at the Sihanoukville bus station the tuk tuk driver toke us to Serendipity Beach. It was really a mess!!! dirty beach,crowded and noisy; honestly I can't understand why people likes to spend their holiday in a place so commercial and turistic.
    So we moved to Otres Beach. There was really great! the beach is clean and wild, amazing colors and unforgettable sunsets. We spent two days like in a dream but after a while we was missing some life.. in the night time in fact the road that connect Otres with the city is not really safe and easy to drive.
    So at the end we moved again to Victory Hill and we are very happy. Victory is quiet in the day with a nice beach clean, FREE and with a big choice of restaurants offering delicious foods at low price. In the night the street become more busy and even if there are some bars with girls there are a lot of other business where you can enjoy and meet interesting people and real travelers. Rooms are cheap (starting from 5$) and nice.
    Bye Bye and enjoy your holiday

#6 Posted: 6/9/2010 - 18:57

• juanmis

Joined Travelfish
    8th September, 2010

Hi, I also stay in Victory Hill district at Green Mood Guesthouse and I got a room with hot water AC and TV for only 12 $ a day. For what I've seen the average prices for this kind of room is from 15$ to 20$ but specially in low season is possible to make better deals.
    Juan

#7 Posted: 28/9/2010 - 08:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best place to stay in Sihanoukville? ... By skottypa on 4 Feb 2011 7 6618 29 Mar 2011