Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Multiple crossings into Cambodia

• mads535

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2009

I will be travelling to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand/Vietnam/ in April-June next and have a query about Cambia’s visa requirements.

I will be crossing from Vietnam into Cambodia at the end of April at the Bavet / Moc Bai crossing (seems I can get a visa at this crossing no problem?). I will then be going into Thailand, up and across into Laos, then down Laos and back into Cambodia at the Veun Kham/ Dom Kralor border. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get a second visa for Cambodia ok? I’m not sure at the moment if the second trip into Cambodia will be within the original 30 day period on the first visa. Should I arrange a visa before getting to the border or do they issue them there? If I need to arrange it first where would be the best place to do this?

Also, can someone help in terms of Thailand visas? Is it correct that if you enter at a land border you only get 14 days on your visa (as opposed to 30 if you arrive at an airport)?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 11/12/2009 - 22:53

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

You will need a second visa for Cambodia when you cross from Laos regardless of whether it's been less than 30 days or not - the first one is used up when you exit Cambodia for the first time. Cambodian visas on arrival are available at the Dom Kralor crossing. There's no limit on how many you can get, so it should be no problem.

For Thailand: yes, you will only get a 14-day visa-free entry (it's not a visa strictly speaking) if you enter through a land crossing.

#2 Posted: 12/12/2009 - 02:29

• mads535

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2009

that's great, thanks for the info.

#3 Posted: 12/12/2009 - 04:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.