Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Multiple crossings into Cambodia

Posted by mads535 on 11/12/2009 at 22:53

I will be travelling to Cambodia/Laos/Thailand/Vietnam/ in April-June next and have a query about Cambia’s visa requirements.

I will be crossing from Vietnam into Cambodia at the end of April at the Bavet / Moc Bai crossing (seems I can get a visa at this crossing no problem?). I will then be going into Thailand, up and across into Laos, then down Laos and back into Cambodia at the Veun Kham/ Dom Kralor border. What I’m wondering is will I be able to get a second visa for Cambodia ok? I’m not sure at the moment if the second trip into Cambodia will be within the original 30 day period on the first visa. Should I arrange a visa before getting to the border or do they issue them there? If I need to arrange it first where would be the best place to do this?

Also, can someone help in terms of Thailand visas? Is it correct that if you enter at a land border you only get 14 days on your visa (as opposed to 30 if you arrive at an airport)?

Thanks

#1 mads535 has been a member since 11/12/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by Lother on 12/12/2009 at 02:29

You will need a second visa for Cambodia when you cross from Laos regardless of whether it's been less than 30 days or not - the first one is used up when you exit Cambodia for the first time. Cambodian visas on arrival are available at the Dom Kralor crossing. There's no limit on how many you can get, so it should be no problem.

For Thailand: yes, you will only get a 14-day visa-free entry (it's not a visa strictly speaking) if you enter through a land crossing.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214

Posted by mads535 on 12/12/2009 at 04:01

that's great, thanks for the info.

#3 mads535 has been a member since 11/12/2009. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.