Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

9-11 days in Cambodia

• nadineurban

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2009

Hello!
    I am going for 3 weeks to Laos and Cambodia. I already planned Laos but I keep changing plans for Cambodia. The issue is mainly that I would like to end the holidays with a couple of days at a nice beach. Reading comments about the islands and beaches in this forum I am not sure if Cambodia is the right place when I am looking for a nice beach...
    Could someone maybe recommend a route which finishes at a nice beach on a Thai island? I started thinking that I don't have enough time to see parts of Combodia and to go to a nice island... given the slow transport.
    ps: I am coming from the 4000 Island region, have then 9-11 days before I fly back from Bangkok
    I am thankful for every comment. I am planning and chaning plans since weeks now and I am flying in 3 days!
    Thank you!!

#1 Posted: 29/12/2009 - 20:12

• Advertisement

• Geoff334

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Transport is slow but you still have time to go down to Sihanoukville for a
    few days. Better to go now before the developers really
    screw the place up

#2 Posted: 30/12/2009 - 03:49

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Where are you planning to enter Cambodia from Laos? If you tell me your intended first location in Cambodia I can help with an itinerary better.

The islands Ko Chang and Ko Samet are (approximately) on the way from Cambodia to Bangkok.

#3 Posted: 30/12/2009 - 11:36

• nadineurban

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2009

Thank you!

I will fly to Pakse and then spend a week in South Laos. I am very flexible. So if there is a way to see some nice bits of Combodia and go to a nice (not too touristy) island before I have to fly back to Bangkok I can adjust my plans in South Laos.

These were the options my boyfiend worked out but I feel its all a bit rushed and doesn't include the travel back to Bangkok.

* 1 day travel to PP. 1 day PP, 1 day travel, 2 days KK, ½ day travel, 2.5 days Thai islands (1 flight)

* 1 day travel, 1 day SR, ½ day travel, 1.5 days battambang, 1 day travel, 3 days thai islands. (2 flights)

* 1 day travel, 2 days SR, 1 day travel, 4 days thai island. (2 flights)

If staying in Cambodia

* 1 day travel, 2 days PP, 1 day travel, 4 days SK and Islands or PP. (1 flight – already paid).

* 1 day travel, 1 day SR, 1 day travel, 1 days PP, 1 day travel, 3 days SK and Islands or KK (can move a day from this to somewhere else) 2 flights)

Thank you for any recommendations!!!

Nadine

#4 Posted: 30/12/2009 - 17:23

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Do you want a beach for diving/snorkeling, or just for sunbathing and a bit of swimming? Cuz the ones in Cambodia are fine for chilling out...

From P.Penh it's a half day's journey south to a little town called Kep . Near Kep is a small island called Koh Tonsay (AKA Rabbit Island). If you want something that's not too touristy it's a good choice for a couple days. It's quite rustic - no resorts or anything like that. The fresh crab there is supposed to be heavenly!

Kep is then a short bus ride to Sihanoukville which is much more developed and has more of a party scene. From Sihanoukville you can boat/bus to Koh Kong (border town). From Koh Kong there's direct mini-bus service to Ko Chang or even to Bangkok.

#5 Posted: 30/12/2009 - 17:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.