Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Kratie

Posted by Amarusol on 9/1/2010 at 08:12

Thinking of taking a one night stop into Kratie, just wondering since it's kind of in the opposite direction I want to head, if it's actually worth the stop just to the see the river dolphins...

#1 Amarusol has been a member since 14/10/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2010 at 11:32 admin

Just to see the dolphins -- probably not. But there is more to Kratie than the dolphins -- there's scope for cycle trips in the surrounds -- including across the river to some villages. If you have a couple of loose days you could do a lot worse than Kratie.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by pete61 on 17/1/2010 at 11:44

I went to Kratie for one night from PP and bussed to Siem Reip the next day.
I only went to see the dolphins and am so glad I did. I did an afternoon trip and thought it was just great. Seeing rare and endangered dolphins, nice guesthouse (Hong 2), meeting great people on the bus and sunset on the river made for a fantastic time.

Do it!

Pete

#3 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

I only went to see the dolphins and am so glad I did. I did an afternoon trip and thought it was just great. Seeing rare and endangered dolphins, nice guesthouse (Hong 2), meeting great people on the bus and sunset on the river made for a fantastic time.

Do it!

Pete

#4 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Do it!

Pete

#5 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Posted by pete61 on 17/1/2010 at 11:45

Do it!

Pete

#6 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Posted by pete61 on 17/1/2010 at 12:08

Ooops

Don't know what happened there. Can someone remove extra posts please!
Ta

#7 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.