Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Kratie

• Amarusol

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2009

Thinking of taking a one night stop into Kratie, just wondering since it's kind of in the opposite direction I want to head, if it's actually worth the stop just to the see the river dolphins...

#1 Posted: 9/1/2010 - 08:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just to see the dolphins -- probably not. But there is more to Kratie than the dolphins -- there's scope for cycle trips in the surrounds -- including across the river to some villages. If you have a couple of loose days you could do a lot worse than Kratie.

#2 Posted: 9/1/2010 - 11:32

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

I went to Kratie for one night from PP and bussed to Siem Reip the next day.
    I only went to see the dolphins and am so glad I did. I did an afternoon trip and thought it was just great. Seeing rare and endangered dolphins, nice guesthouse (Hong 2), meeting great people on the bus and sunset on the river made for a fantastic time.

Do it!

Pete

#3 Posted: 17/1/2010 - 11:44

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

I only went to see the dolphins and am so glad I did. I did an afternoon trip and thought it was just great. Seeing rare and endangered dolphins, nice guesthouse (Hong 2), meeting great people on the bus and sunset on the river made for a fantastic time.

Do it!

Pete

#4 Posted: 17/1/2010 - 11:44

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

Do it!

Pete

#5 Posted: 17/1/2010 - 11:44

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

Do it!

Pete

#6 Posted: 17/1/2010 - 11:45

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

Ooops

Don't know what happened there. Can someone remove extra posts please!
    Ta

#7 Posted: 17/1/2010 - 12:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.