admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yup, you read the topic title correctly!

Here's a short documentary that was posted on a great Cambodia blog I just stumbled across.

You can also see the video here.

It mentions in the story that the teacher isn't permitted to go to the US with the students -- the reason for that is explained in this Time story -- kudos to KK. Well worth a read

#1 Posted: 13/1/2010 - 10:49

• Advertisement

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

Thanks, Somtam. Great video, and a moving story at the Time link. The US deportation law seems (like too much of America) heavy-handed (not excusing KK for joining the Crips, and all the rest, btw). I'm going to check these guys out when I'm in Phnom Penh in a few months. Tiny Toones!

#2 Posted: 13/1/2010 - 11:09

• DuncanStuart

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2009

Tiny Toones looks like a great project in Phnom Penh - and fascinating how KK fell foul of the US law, got deperted to a homeland he'd never seen before - and has been on a journey alongside the kids he teaches. Inspirational. Cambodian educaiton is quite light on creative subjects such as music, art and self expression in writing - and it is always fabulous to see young Cambodians just take to these forms of self-expression. Brilliant - really worth checking out.

#3 Posted: 2/2/2010 - 10:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.