Great Hotel, Electrocution Aside
28th December, 2009
Total reviews: 4
I recently stayed one night at the Bopha and except for being electrocuted in the shower, I'd recommend it. The hotel and grounds are gorgeous, the pool is large, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are nice. But then ... I was showering, holding the handset to rinse off and not spray the entire bathroom with water, when I got a weird vibration in my arm, I couldn't think and didn't know what was happening, I was vocalizing something like "buh buh buh buh," I couldn't drop the handset, and I only broke the circuit when I fell to the floor and the handset was pulled away. The hotel tried to tell me that I was knocked over by high water pressure. Right. I showed them the burn mark on my back. Showerers be ware.
#1 Posted: 21/1/2010 - 13:38
15th January, 2008
Absolutely agree about this warning.Standards of installation do not seem to exist in Asia.We turned on the shower in a room at the Tokyo hotel in Ubon in November and water started spurting out of every seam of the heater.This can't be safe surely.any electricians out there like to comment?
#2 Posted: 21/1/2010 - 14:57
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.