Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Great Hotel, Electrocution Aside

• Anselm

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

I recently stayed one night at the Bopha and except for being electrocuted in the shower, I'd recommend it. The hotel and grounds are gorgeous, the pool is large, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are nice. But then ... I was showering, holding the handset to rinse off and not spray the entire bathroom with water, when I got a weird vibration in my arm, I couldn't think and didn't know what was happening, I was vocalizing something like "buh buh buh buh," I couldn't drop the handset, and I only broke the circuit when I fell to the floor and the handset was pulled away. The hotel tried to tell me that I was knocked over by high water pressure. Right. I showed them the burn mark on my back. Showerers be ware.

#1 Posted: 21/1/2010 - 13:38

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Absolutely agree about this warning.Standards of installation do not seem to exist in Asia.We turned on the shower in a room at the Tokyo hotel in Ubon in November and water started spurting out of every seam of the heater.This can't be safe surely.any electricians out there like to comment?

#2 Posted: 21/1/2010 - 14:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.