Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Dong to dollars

Posted by foieslinger on 2/2/2010 at 21:34

Posted from within Vietnam.

Crossing from Vietnam into Cambodia tomorrow, can I exchange my remaining Dong into US dollars at the border?

#1 foieslinger has been a member since 11/11/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by DLuek on 3/2/2010 at 02:05 TF writer

Probably you can but I've never tried it so can't tell you for sure. If I were you I'd try to change most of it while still in Vietnam if possible.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,148
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by laconic on 14/3/2010 at 03:05

Don't change money at the Cambodian border. The rates are notoriously bad (50% of normal values). Better to change the money within Cambodia (not sure if they take Dong). Just in case you were not aware, they use US dollars for everything with their paper currency being used only for change. So you might already have some of that. Changing in Vietnam is better than changing at the border.

#3 laconic has been a member since 14/3/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by Lawoat on 14/3/2010 at 07:33

Try to exxchange your dong in vietnam, we tried to exchange them in cambodia...no luck...even in Bangkok its a pain in the ass to get rid off them and if you can exchange them its against a very bad rate

#4 Lawoat has been a member since 29/6/2009. Posts: 59

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.