Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia to Laos and back to singapore in 14 days

• andrewlewis

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2010
    Location United States

I am currently in singapore and leaving for siem reap in the morning. I have vague travel plans but know that I have to be back in singapore by the 24th and I have a flight from siem reap to prabang on the 15th. As far as getting down through Laos I plan on just meeting people in hostels and tagging along or just taking busses around. I don't mind traveling by myself but I am little bit nervous about the trip I am setting out on, this being my first time in asia. I am having difficulties trying to get back to singapore from Laos and simply cannot miss my 24th deadline. Any tips for ANY part of this trip would be helpful. I want to try to avoid the typical lets get drunk and party spots as much as possible due to the extreme lack of time I have for this trip. Again any help would be fantastic thank you so much in advance!

#1 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 14:02

• Advertisement

• wombatfuz

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2009

"I want to try to avoid the typical lets get drunk and party spots as much as possible "

Then you should definitely stay away from Vang Vieng.

Since you will be around Luang Prabang on 15th, you could make trips to the northern part of Laos. Luang Prabang is pretty touristy so if that not what you want to experience, don't spend too much time there.

From Luang Prabang, there are buses to Nong Kiaow, and further on Sam Neua.

Or you could go in the other direction to Udomxai, Luang Namtha and Muang Sing.

As for getting back to Singapore by 24th, you could consider a flight from Luang Prabang. If you're game enough, plan your trip all the way through to Huay Xai and cross the border into Thailand. Then make your way to Chiang Mai for a flight to Singapore.
    (if you decide to cross into Thailand, check your visa requirements)

#2 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 16:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.