Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

cambodia 6 weeks or as adittion to Vietnam?

Posted by noakess on 14/2/2010 at 17:49

Hi, planning my first 'big' trip for next November-December. can only take limited time off work. planned to go to Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam but realised it'll be too much. looks like ill have about 5-6 weeks. would like to visit places below and end on a sunny island (Phu Coc or one of the thai islands?).
not sure logistically what's the best rout - and if im still trying to do too much. going to fly in/out of Bangkok, can fly some routes along the way....should i combine both Vietnam and Cambodia?

Cambodia

Kratie
Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Battambang

Vietnam

Sapa
Hanoi
Cuc Phuong National Park?

Ha Long Bay
Hue 
Hoi An
Nha Trang
Mui Ne
Dalat ?
Ho chi minh
The Mekong Delta
Phu Coc Island / Or thai island?

thank you!

#1 noakess has been a member since 14/2/2010. Posts: 32

Posted by francesstella on 18/2/2010 at 00:50

Hi Noakess!

Last year I travelled through Vietnam & Cambodia comfortably in 6 weeks. Maybe the most logical route is to catch a cheap flight to Hanoi (AirAsia.com), work your way South through Vietnam then West through Cambodia & back into Thailand.

I think you've got a good itinerary going but you might wanna cut down on some stops so you spend more time having fun & less time on buses! Nha Trang, for example, is good fun but it's a bit of a drunken backpacker hangout, you might wanna edit it out if it's not your scene (if I have to be brutal, I would cut Hue, Dalat, Mui Ne & the Mekong Delta too unless you have a decent amount of time to appreciate each one or have a particular penchant for them, but that's strictly my personal taste - read through the entries here on Travelfish, they'll give you a feel of whether you'll like a place or not!).

Have a great time & take care!
FSH

#2 francesstella has been a member since 16/2/2009. Location: Italy. Posts: 95

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.