Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

cambodia 6 weeks or as adittion to Vietnam?

• noakess

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2010

Hi, planning my first 'big' trip for next November-December. can only take limited time off work. planned to go to Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam but realised it'll be too much. looks like ill have about 5-6 weeks. would like to visit places below and end on a sunny island (Phu Coc or one of the thai islands?).
    not sure logistically what's the best rout - and if im still trying to do too much. going to fly in/out of Bangkok, can fly some routes along the way....should i combine both Vietnam and Cambodia?

Cambodia

Kratie
    Phnom Penh
    Siem Reap
    Battambang

Vietnam

Sapa
    Hanoi
    Cuc Phuong National Park?

Ha Long Bay
    Hue 
Hoi An
    Nha Trang
    Mui Ne
    Dalat ?
    Ho chi minh
    The Mekong Delta
    Phu Coc Island / Or thai island?

thank you!

#1 Posted: 14/2/2010 - 17:49

• Advertisement

• francesstel-
    la

Click here to learn more about francesstella
    Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2009
    Location Italy

Hi Noakess!

Last year I travelled through Vietnam & Cambodia comfortably in 6 weeks. Maybe the most logical route is to catch a cheap flight to Hanoi (AirAsia.com), work your way South through Vietnam then West through Cambodia & back into Thailand.

I think you've got a good itinerary going but you might wanna cut down on some stops so you spend more time having fun & less time on buses! Nha Trang, for example, is good fun but it's a bit of a drunken backpacker hangout, you might wanna edit it out if it's not your scene (if I have to be brutal, I would cut Hue, Dalat, Mui Ne & the Mekong Delta too unless you have a decent amount of time to appreciate each one or have a particular penchant for them, but that's strictly my personal taste - read through the entries here on Travelfish, they'll give you a feel of whether you'll like a place or not!).

Have a great time & take care!
    FSH

#2 Posted: 18/2/2010 - 00:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.