Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia additions forum

The Queen House Villa in Siem Reap

Posted by traveller_cambodia on 25/10/2006 at 10:08

"the queen house villa" is a very nice guesthouse in siem reap, located just two minutes to walk to the old market, this guesthouse offers big and clean rooms. The room rates are $6,-- for fan, $8,-- for fan and hot water and $15,-- for air-con and hot water. All room rates include breakfast and bicycles. The staff are very friendly and the owner, an Austrian with his Cambodian girlfriend, are very helpfull. It's a very relaxed there and you really can enjoy your stay there! www.queenvilla.com

#1 traveller_cambodia has been a member since 25/10/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by rosiontherun on 5/4/2007 at 18:26

was not easy to find this guesthouse, because michael, the austrian owner, changed the name to "Queen Villa Angkor". but finally i found it. the tuk tuk driver, who brought me said, that this guesthouse is closed, dirty, far away from center.... bullshit! i got a very nice room ($ 6,- with breakfast and bicycles!), it was clean, just 200 meters from the old market. i think, the owner does not pay commission to the drivers! i really enjoyed my stay there (7 days) and i can highly recommand it.
rosmarie
germany

#2 rosiontherun has been a member since 5/4/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by mrdome on 4/5/2008 at 04:37

I had a bad experience there but won't blame it totally on the owner as it's probably a bit hard to stay on top of the state of all the rooms all the time. Just wanted to add that they are moving on June 1st both in terms of location and price category. Now only 9 rooms between $20 and $40 and a lot further out East towards the bus station (High School Road
opposite Lycee).

#3 mrdome has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 43

Posted by divyadhar on 25/7/2008 at 23:35

I am travelling next month to cambodia, and have booked Golden Temple Villa for 5days in Siem Ream, would appreciate if someone could share their experience if any, of this hotel!

Regards
Divya Dhar

#4 divyadhar has been a member since 24/7/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by nobbyeich on 19/8/2009 at 08:48

the queen villa angkor is now a totally new guesthouse - hotel in a new location! new room rates between $ 25,- and $ 35,-, very clean and nice rooms, small pool and big, quiet garden. highly recommanded are also michaels, the owner, tips for angkor and the individual tuk tuk tours. free breakfast and wifi is also included in the room price.
yours
nobby

#5 nobbyeich has been a member since 19/8/2009. Posts: 1

This discussion has been locked by a moderator.