Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Country homestay near Cambodia

• sroksrey

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2007

My Cambodian wife and I run a country homestay near Kompong Cham-approximately seven kilometers beyond the bridge on the road to Kratie.
    Full room and board(two Cambodian meals and one large Western breakfast) in either our house or in a traditional cottage costs $12per person/day or $10/2 or more days. This not just a guesthouse!!! If you're tired of listening to TV and boring travel stories and really want to learn something about rural Cambodia go to: rana-cambodia.blogspot.com for full details. We welcome couples and children!!!

#1 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 11:54

• Advertisement

• archiebaby

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Hello,

Myself & my husband arrive in cambodia 25th oct 07 & was looking for a homestay to see the real cambodia & locals for 1 night. We arrive in Siem reap & wish to do this on the way to PP, where are you situated & do you have a web site? How do we contact you?

Thanks

#2 Posted: 18/9/2007 - 10:54

• sroksrey

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2007

Archiebaby, visit our blogsite:
    rana-cambodia.blogspot.com. our local phone number is o12 68 62 40. Cll us as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. We are no longer accepting reservations from overseas-too many no-shows! Happy travels
    Don & Kheang

#3 Posted: 25/9/2007 - 08:38

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

hi archiebaby, we stayed with Don and Kheang in June 2007 and had an excellent time. One of the highlights of our trip - highly recommended.

#4 Posted: 26/9/2007 - 03:31

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

check out this review:

http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/tips/12255

#5 Posted: 26/9/2007 - 03:34

• samwry

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2007

Most importantly please note that the country homestay is in Cambodia. I should have written "near
    Kampong Cham."

#6 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 11:54

• sroksrey

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2007

Sorry to say this, but we've had to increase our prices a bit due to world wide financial insanity. For complete info please refer to
    rana-cambodia.blogspot.com

#7 Posted: 26/12/2007 - 08:49

• J_Mack

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2008

I would just like to add that my boyfriend and I spent two nights here in February 08 and had a great time. We have been travelling the world for 11 months now and have stayed at home stays throughout South America and Asia and I have to say that Rana home stay was the best. We learnt so much information about the culture of rural Cambodia and the Pol Pot regime. We were able to speak to survivors of the Pol Pot regime and ask them any questions that we wanted. I was able to interact with the people of the village and I gained knowledge of their daily life. The food is excellent and traditional, the best Amok in Cambodia! Kheang is a brilliant guide and so friendly. I miss their children Ra and Na and I would love to come back to visit. I would recommend this to anyone.

Jo, from England

#8 Posted: 28/2/2008 - 14:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.