Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

How much money will i spend on average in a week?

• benmogl

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011

I am a regular traveller neither really cheap or into really big spending. But i am wondering how much money i should count on spending in a week. Just a rough estimation would be wonderful.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 14/4/2011 - 15:05

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

First of all: You're posting in the cambodia additions which is meant for new guesthouses and businesses.

That's a bit vague. What do you expect from a hotel room for instance? dorm or private, fan or aircon. What sort of food do you like? Do you drink (alcohol)? Do you want to meet mostly other backpackers? Do you intend to rent a motobike? Excursions?

simple clean room in local guesthouse/hotel is usually around $10 (aircon outside of SR and PP, fan in PP and SR)
    noodle soup in the street is roughly $1. Restaurants serve anything and in all price ranges.

I'd say you can get by on $20-25 per day for just the basics (simple private room, simple food and moderate drinking). But that excludes everything else.

#2 Posted: 14/4/2011 - 19:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
One week to spend in Burma at the end of March. Suggestions? ... By jbreyfogle on 24 Jan 2014 2 1013 10 Feb 2014
One week to spend on main land from ko samui to the Malaysian border , where to go ? ASAP ... By Winstan on 15 Jul 2012 7 1886 22 Jul 2012