Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

musts for 24 days

• elenaisoard

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2011

i am planning on traveling 24 days with my mom. we've ever been there but heard recomendations from cambodia, myanmar and thailand. we are starting at singapoour and want to do myanmar, thailand, cambodia, and indonesia for sure but we might also want vietnam and malasia. wha are your recomendations for our trip oe whats should we do next and what should we avoid?
    thankyou very much

#1 Posted: 26/6/2011 - 09:44

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hmm.. so you are suggesting up to 7 countries in 24 days. Let's see, that works out at 3.4 days per country. Take away one day of travelling to get between each one, that leaves 2.4 days per country. OK - I assume you will want to see more than one place in each country, so that means another day of travelling within each country to get from place A to place B, leaving 1.4 days split between two places - .7 days in each location for actual sight-seeing.

Have fun!

Seriously, though, you really need to think about what it is you want to do. 24 days means you are probably best spending your time in one country, or maybe seeing the highlights in two. Don't try to do more.

It is impossible for us to make suggestions without knowing anything about you, or your interests. I would suggest that you start reading around the info on this website, and decide what is practical and interesting for you. Pick 1-2 countries, then start thinking about an itinerary from there - and then we can provide more help answers

#2 Posted: 26/6/2011 - 10:05

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

24 days = 3 countries maximum, better with 2 countries - especially if you're looking to do relaxing beach time anywhere. I say 3 countries maximum if you have an idea to do something like only Angkor Wat in Cambodia or just checking out Luang Prabang in Laos - a sort of single stop.

This sounds like the kind of itinerary we American's were making for our European summer holidays back in the 80s. A couple days Paris and you've seen France, a couple days in Rome with a trip to Pompeii and you've done Italy, Athens for a night and Greece is checked off the list. You see every country in Europe in a couple weeks, but you barely see it.

Everything Lizzy said was right on about travel times - distances are deceptively short on a map, but long on the road.

#3 Posted: 26/6/2011 - 19:13

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Like the others have said, you don't want to spend your entire time getting from one place to the next. It isn't like western europe, where you can spend the day in Luxembourg and still make a late dinner in Brussels. Distances are long and travel times are longer.

The other thing is that you don't want to spend your entire budget getting from place to place either. It costs money to move around too.

Anyway, there are lots of great options on how to fill your three weeks, but any suggestions would depend on what types of things you want to experience (exciting cities, nature, ancient ruins and culture), how much money you have to spend (backpacker poor vs big budget) transport preferences (bus, train, flight) and level of travel experience and comfort level. Let us know and we can share some ideas with you. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 26/6/2011 - 23:30

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Pick one country - or find a good crack dealer because you will need it to keep going. Let me see, I have 24 days, I want to visit Russia, Poland, Sweden, Germany, France, England and Spain. That's kind of what you're doing here. The distances are difficult to transit here because of the transportation infrastructure. So you would have to fly from capital city to capital city, and you would not have time to leave the capital cities.

#5 Posted: 27/6/2011 - 09:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.