Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Cambodia or Phillipines?? which is the best for partying???

• timetoparty

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2011

Hi guys and gals,

My mates and I are looking to fly up to Asia early this January and to be honest we are going for abotu 4-6 days to party it up. At teh moment we are going to Thailand and then looking to either fly to Cambodia or Phillipines. As we have never been there before we are trying to work out which has the best night life????

thanks in advance..

#1 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 07:42

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It depends on what kind of nightlife you are looking for. If you want a club scene then Bangkok is the place to go. It's got a wide variety of interesting clubs and dance locations. If you want women - well I think it's pretty common knowledge that Pattaya and Angels City, PI, are non-pareil and cheap. If you want to party with locals without necessarily a P4P scene, then I would really recommend the univerity quarter of just about any Thai city with a university (Khon Kaen I know from experience is a good spot because my son is there). University kids are pretty much the same the world over.

#2 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 12:35

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Ocheateal beach, Sihanoukville. Cambodia
    Beer 50 cents a pint,
    seafood: for example Tuna steak salad and chips $3,
    Bungalow $7. Plenty of nightlife
    ... or you could go to Pattaya and watch a bunch of overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans with large cigars and Tyrolean hats in speedos walking proudly down the road with their 1000 baht a day trophy woman.

#3 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 22:54

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Well, I guess Sihanoukville or in PI it would be Boracay... but I guess you kids are going to the FMP too - lol

#4 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 23:07

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"... or you could go to Pattaya and watch a bunch of overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans with large cigars and Tyrolean hats in speedos walking proudly down the road with their 1000 baht a day trophy woman."

Sayadian
    Pattaya is not short of Brits or any other nationality. Are you saying that Snookyville doesn't have Germans in speedos with trophy woman?

#5 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 23:43

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

It's a joke Madmac.
    Like , the Brits take the p*** out of the Germans. It's a cultural thing but without any animosity. Lots of jokes about their predilection for grabbing the beach or chairs around the pool before dawn by draping/arranging their towels on the best bits the night before. Unless you've been on a package tour to Spain (which I guess you haven't) you wouldn't understand. I think the OP is Aussie so he might get the drift as they have a similar sense of humour.
    On the serious side I think the OP was trying to decide between Cambodia and Philipines so I was just giving him a quick rundown of prices in S'ville.
    I haven't been to the Philipines for years so haven't got a clue. All I remember was it was a bit like the Wild West with everyone armed and all the bars had gundrops maybe/probably it's changed by now but let someone who has been there recently add their comments.

#6 Posted: 28/10/2011 - 01:12

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

My son, who's German, has a deep seated dislike for the English. I like the Brits in general, but he struggles with the English. It's a foolish prejudice, but it is very common among working class Germans. Have you ever noticed how few Bitish soccer players play for German teams and vice versa? It's freaky.

#7 Posted: 28/10/2011 - 02:36

• prtravelcha-
    cha

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2011

India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing culture of India.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#8 Posted: 28/10/2011 - 12:22

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Madmac
    I understand how he feels I struggle with the English too with the exception of Northerners who are pretty down to earth.
    Getting back on track Sihanoukville is very much a backpacker scene still, though it's aiming to bring more high-end tourists in later. Saying that, there are luxury hotels, including the Independence hotel on Independence beach. I'm still amazed this got redeveloped or that local staff work there given the Khmers belief and fear of ghosts. The hotel was the scene of a last stand by Khmer Rouge against VNA and many died there.

#9 Posted: 28/10/2011 - 13:16

• oscarcat

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008
    Location Cambodia

Pls go to the Phillipines.

#10 Posted: 29/10/2011 - 09:15

• Advertisement

• oscarcat

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008
    Location Cambodia

Joking or not... "overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans", what a beautiful spectrum of prejudice and stereotype.

#11 Posted: 29/10/2011 - 09:25

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Don't forget the large cigars and tyrolean hats. ;-)
    BTW will be in S'ville on Thursday so if anyone wants an update on the scene there I will post.

#12 Posted: 30/10/2011 - 12:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.