Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia additions forum

Cambodia or Phillipines?? which is the best for partying???

Posted by timetoparty on 27/10/2011 at 07:42

Hi guys and gals,

My mates and I are looking to fly up to Asia early this January and to be honest we are going for abotu 4-6 days to party it up. At teh moment we are going to Thailand and then looking to either fly to Cambodia or Phillipines. As we have never been there before we are trying to work out which has the best night life????

thanks in advance..

#1 timetoparty has been a member since 27/10/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 27/10/2011 at 12:35

It depends on what kind of nightlife you are looking for. If you want a club scene then Bangkok is the place to go. It's got a wide variety of interesting clubs and dance locations. If you want women - well I think it's pretty common knowledge that Pattaya and Angels City, PI, are non-pareil and cheap. If you want to party with locals without necessarily a P4P scene, then I would really recommend the univerity quarter of just about any Thai city with a university (Khon Kaen I know from experience is a good spot because my son is there). University kids are pretty much the same the world over.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by sayadian on 27/10/2011 at 22:54

Ocheateal beach, Sihanoukville. Cambodia
Beer 50 cents a pint,
seafood: for example Tuna steak salad and chips $3,
Bungalow $7. Plenty of nightlife
... or you could go to Pattaya and watch a bunch of overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans with large cigars and Tyrolean hats in speedos walking proudly down the road with their 1000 baht a day trophy woman.

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by altmtl on 27/10/2011 at 23:07

Well, I guess Sihanoukville or in PI it would be Boracay... but I guess you kids are going to the FMP too - lol

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by MADMAC on 27/10/2011 at 23:43

"... or you could go to Pattaya and watch a bunch of overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans with large cigars and Tyrolean hats in speedos walking proudly down the road with their 1000 baht a day trophy woman."

Sayadian
Pattaya is not short of Brits or any other nationality. Are you saying that Snookyville doesn't have Germans in speedos with trophy woman?

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by sayadian on 28/10/2011 at 01:12

It's a joke Madmac.
Like , the Brits take the p*** out of the Germans. It's a cultural thing but without any animosity. Lots of jokes about their predilection for grabbing the beach or chairs around the pool before dawn by draping/arranging their towels on the best bits the night before. Unless you've been on a package tour to Spain (which I guess you haven't) you wouldn't understand. I think the OP is Aussie so he might get the drift as they have a similar sense of humour.
On the serious side I think the OP was trying to decide between Cambodia and Philipines so I was just giving him a quick rundown of prices in S'ville.
I haven't been to the Philipines for years so haven't got a clue. All I remember was it was a bit like the Wild West with everyone armed and all the bars had gundrops maybe/probably it's changed by now but let someone who has been there recently add their comments.

#6 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by MADMAC on 28/10/2011 at 02:36

My son, who's German, has a deep seated dislike for the English. I like the Brits in general, but he struggles with the English. It's a foolish prejudice, but it is very common among working class Germans. Have you ever noticed how few Bitish soccer players play for German teams and vice versa? It's freaky.

#7 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by prtravelchacha on 28/10/2011 at 12:22

India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing culture of India.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#8 prtravelchacha has been a member since 28/10/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by sayadian on 28/10/2011 at 13:16

Madmac
I understand how he feels I struggle with the English too with the exception of Northerners who are pretty down to earth.
Getting back on track Sihanoukville is very much a backpacker scene still, though it's aiming to bring more high-end tourists in later. Saying that, there are luxury hotels, including the Independence hotel on Independence beach. I'm still amazed this got redeveloped or that local staff work there given the Khmers belief and fear of ghosts. The hotel was the scene of a last stand by Khmer Rouge against VNA and many died there.

#9 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by oscarcat on 29/10/2011 at 09:15

Pls go to the Phillipines.

#10 oscarcat has been a member since 11/11/2008. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 66
 Twitter 

Posted by oscarcat on 29/10/2011 at 09:25

Joking or not... "overweight, middle-aged, dwarf Germans", what a beautiful spectrum of prejudice and stereotype.

#11 oscarcat has been a member since 11/11/2008. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 66
 Twitter 

Posted by sayadian on 30/10/2011 at 12:52

Don't forget the large cigars and tyrolean hats. ;-)
BTW will be in S'ville on Thursday so if anyone wants an update on the scene there I will post.

#12 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.