Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia additions forum

Excellent New Restaurant in Koh Kong

Posted by moscowjohnny on 23/4/2012 at 03:49

I wanted to give Travel Fishes heads up on a new place that opened only last week (just in time for Songkran), in Koh Kong .

The Thmorda Crab House a few kilometres from Koh Kong towards the boarder crossing, is a little off the beaten track, but well worth the hassle... It's a restaurant offering exclusively Thai cuisine, built entirely on stilts overlooking the beautiful Koh Bpor River.

As the name would suggest crabs, as all seafood, are the highlights of the menu - very fresh and deliciously prepared. Over our 10 day visit, we must have eaten here 5 or 6 times, so I suppose you could say that we consider it to be the best place in Koh Kong! Staff very friendly even if their English was not brilliant; super bar - a great place to enjoy a glass of something with friends... pleasant music... all in all, it ticked all my boxes.

They also offer sunset cruises for those wanting to see a bit more of the river, and I was told that they also plan to start raising their own seafood nearby. All in all, definitely worth a detour if you are in the area.

169, Neang Kok Village, Pak Klong Commune, Koh Kong
Tel: +855 356 901 252

#1 moscowjohnny has been a member since 25/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by sayadian on 23/4/2012 at 06:28

Good luck to you. Koh Kong is a lovely place IMO better than the fabled Kampot.
Your description is a bit vaque and I know Koh Kong very well.Maybe you could put more detail.
Are you on a houseboat? Are you towards the beach?
Give my regards to Padi if you see him.His bar is in town and also makes some great food.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.