Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Excellent New Restaurant in Koh Kong

• moscowjohnny

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2011

I wanted to give Travel Fishes heads up on a new place that opened only last week (just in time for Songkran), in Koh Kong .

The Thmorda Crab House a few kilometres from Koh Kong towards the boarder crossing, is a little off the beaten track, but well worth the hassle... It's a restaurant offering exclusively Thai cuisine, built entirely on stilts overlooking the beautiful Koh Bpor River.

As the name would suggest crabs, as all seafood, are the highlights of the menu - very fresh and deliciously prepared. Over our 10 day visit, we must have eaten here 5 or 6 times, so I suppose you could say that we consider it to be the best place in Koh Kong! Staff very friendly even if their English was not brilliant; super bar - a great place to enjoy a glass of something with friends... pleasant music... all in all, it ticked all my boxes.

They also offer sunset cruises for those wanting to see a bit more of the river, and I was told that they also plan to start raising their own seafood nearby. All in all, definitely worth a detour if you are in the area.

169, Neang Kok Village, Pak Klong Commune, Koh Kong
    Tel: +855 356 901 252

#1 Posted: 23/4/2012 - 03:49

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Good luck to you. Koh Kong is a lovely place IMO better than the fabled Kampot.
    Your description is a bit vaque and I know Koh Kong very well.Maybe you could put more detail.
    Are you on a houseboat? Are you towards the beach?
    Give my regards to Padi if you see him.His bar is in town and also makes some great food.

#2 Posted: 23/4/2012 - 06:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Excellent place to stay in Chiang Kong! ... By Pocohantas on 20 Jun 2013 0 956 20 Jun 2013
Excellent restaurant Sihanoukville ... By sayadian on 5 Feb 2012 23 2465 12 Jun 2012
Oasis Resort in Koh Kong is excellent place to stay ... By cpfisher5 on 12 Sep 2008 0 4254 12 Sep 2008