Cambodia additions forum
Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center - new additions
Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center is listed under Phnom Penh "See & Do" but under an outside tour operator and not under the operators of the wildlife rescue center itself. To clarify, the wildlife rescue center can be visited not only through the outside operator listed on TravelFish (Betelnut Tours), but also through the Wildlife Alliance Behind-the-scenes tours, the Free the Bears Bear keeper for a day program, or independently through general admission. I would like to submit the new addition of the Wildlife Alliance behind-the-scenes tours at PTWRC. If this information is too detailed or violates a TravelFish rule, please feel free to edit it.
Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center
Wildlife Alliance behind-the-scenes tours to raise funds for the rescue and care of Cambodia's wildlife
At Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center (PTWRC), Wildlife Alliance aids in the recovery and rehabilitation of animals rescued from the wildlife trade. The animals that are saved by the Wildlife Rapid Rescue Team (WRRT) are relocated to the center and each individual is assessed for release based on their health and strength to survive independently. It is home to over 1,200 animals, and no animal in need is ever turned away.
Over 200,000 visitors each year come to PTWRC to see the rescued wildlife and learn about conservation efforts in Cambodia. Wildlife Alliance offers an interactive tour that will allows guests to experience PTWRC in a unique and personal way. For a minimum donation of $150, guests interact with a variety of endangered animals and meet the people that care for them. Walking elephants in the forest, getting up close with tigers and feeding baby animals are all part of this day at the rescue center.
Proceeds go towards the rescue and care of wildlife at PTWRC.
- Morning pick-up in Phnom Penh at 8 AM
- Stop at a local market to buy fruit for the animals
- Greet and feed elephants at the Phnom Tamao Lake
- Get up-close with the elephants, tigers, monkeys, and other animals rescued and cared for by Wildlife Alliance at the sanctuary
- Visit our nursery in the rehabilitation area, a section closed to the public. Play with the rescued baby animals and visit our hairy-nosed otter enclosure, the only known individual of this endangered species in captivity
- Have a relaxing Cambodian-style lunch and fresh coconut juice
- Get your free t-shirt painted by Lucky and observe how we train our elephants using gentle, reward-based positive reinforcement
- Walk with Lucky in the forest and, on certain days, have a chance to help bathe her.
- Play with our rescued baby macaques and visit other rescued monkeys, crocodiles, birds and more
- Afternoon drop-off in Phnom Penh at 5:30 PM (an earlier drop-off can be arranged)
- Transportation (pick-up and drop-off in Phnom Penh)
- Entrance fee into Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center
- Chilled, bottled water
- Delicious Cambodian-style lunch
- Wildlife Alliance T-shirt painted by our humanely trained elephant Lucky
What to bring:
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Comfortable shoes and clothing that can get a bit dirty or wet.
- $150 per person
- Children unter 10 are free
- Ages 10-16 receive a 50% discount
For more details or to schedule a trip, please contact Victoria Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or +855 (0) 9597 0175. You can also check out the PTWRC Facebook page for more information.
#1 Posted: 30/7/2013 - 07:04
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|New Must-Do: Wildlife Tour behind-the-scenes at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center ...||0||704||27 Aug 2013|
|Daytrips to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre - Betelnut Tours ...||1||6932||21 Apr 2009|
|Anyone in Phnom Penh that want's to visit a wildlife preserve on Sunday? ...||5||1496||16 Apr 2007|