Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Recommended Guest House

• be_the_love

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007

Hello!

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this recommendation, but I very much want to put in a plug for Mom's Guesthouse in Siem Reap. (momsguesthouse.com) I had been staying at 2 Dragons, and for an additional $1 was able to upgrade *exponentially* in quality. Seriously. No comparison.

I'm not sure why it is this hotel has not been able to get reviewed in Travelfish, but I wish I had found it and come here first.

Travelfish, can you pleeeeeeeeeeeease put Mom's Guesthouse on your radar?

One satisfied customer,
    BTL

#1 Posted: 29/7/2007 - 22:28

• Advertisement

• mmsandgren

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2007

hey, I´m traveling there in the next three weeks, but I couldn´t find more information online. Can you give me more details on how to find it or book it? Thanks!

#2 Posted: 30/7/2007 - 17:30

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We used to list Mom's Guesthouse but removed it some time ago due to a number of complaints we received about it. We've no plans to relist it.

#3 Posted: 30/7/2007 - 18:54

• be_the_love

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007

Complaints enough to wipe Mom's off the list? Yikes. That is unsettling. I'm sorry to hear that and hoping I don't have 1st-hand experience of some unpleasantry. They have been so cordial and helpful, and the rooms are new and spotless. I'm always most afraid of theft, and sure hope there have been no issues with this.

Anyway, the website is momguesthouse.com (no s after mom).

Thanks for the reply from admin., and enjoy Siem Reap to traveler!

#4 Posted: 30/7/2007 - 22:33

• harpastum

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 5

café freedom and lodge (budget guesthouse in Pnom Penh, near the lake) is now called: LAZY FISH GUESTHOUSE.

#5 Posted: 13/9/2007 - 14:46

• abbothompson

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,
    We stayed at the Small Hotel in downtown Sihanoukevile.

We were originally going to stay for 3-4 days, but ended up staying for 8 days. We visited in September'07 and for 10US$ we were spoilt with a western run hotel, with A/C, hot water, cable TV, fridge. The room was cleaned daily, with a communal safe. The Swedish Owner and his Khmer wife were really friendly, and the well trained ( and looked after staff) were great. We did some trips via their office, but really weren't all that. Once we got to know the staff- friendly, laughing and helpfull) we really had a great time, saw so much more and were recommened to go and see places- and taken there by the staff too, on our rented moto's.
    We had a couple of minor problems, which were addressed straight away.

We would recommend it to anybody- though you may need to book in advance, as it seems to become a hot spot for Swedish travellers.

Hope you find this useful.

Abbo & Felicia.

#6 Posted: 28/10/2007 - 12:39

• martin1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2007

We spent a week staying in "Rikitikitavi" in Kampot souhern Cambodia and cannot recomend it enough. We looked at everything in town and this charming boutique hotel with its wonderfull staff and superb-tho expensive-food, quite stole our hearts. 'Jasmine' further down the river also does good food and 'Bodhi Villa' accross the bridge is exceptionally tranquill.

#7 Posted: 28/10/2007 - 19:28

• ruxandra

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Spring Guest House in Phnom Penh

Staying at Spring Guest House right now. It may be a little more expensive than the average - paying 6$ per night for a super clean room with cold or sometimes luke warm water. However, I've seen a bunch of rooms around town in the 4$ a night range and really they don't compare to Spring GH. It's bright, clean, daily room service, friendly staff. Anyway, really enjoying my stay here thus far.

Spring Guest House - maroon building
    address as on biz card:
    34, St. 111, Boeng Pralit, 7 Makara, Phnom Penh
    Mobile 015 888 777
    phone: 023 222 155

have seen other travellers here as well, though perhaps more are staying at cheaper GH's.

Also, as you walk out of GH to the right, at the corner with the main street there is a fabulous, inexpensive restaurant that is really busy at night so you have to wait around for a table. Worth the wait.

#8 Posted: 5/11/2007 - 09:58

• Kachinafran-
    ce

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2007

Hi, we're in Siem Reap for a week next February. We have resereved a room at the Two Dragons based on several guides, however the latest visitor review in Travelfish was not very complimentary, in fact it was awful. Does anyone have any recent feedback. We are a very active 60+ couple and we dont travel 5* our budget is 20 - 40 US$ a night. An y recommendations of where to stay would be much appreciated. Thanks

#9 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 00:03

• be_the_love

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007

Hi there,

I really really do NOT recommended Two Dragons. I checked in there and found it to be pretty yukcy. Just down the street is Mom's Guesthouse -- see my post above. I strongly suspect the admin comment from Travelfish is in regards to Mommy's Guesthouse, which is different. Mom's is unbelievably clean, new, friendly, w/ free breakfast, free internet. They set me up with a fantastic tour guide and driver as well.

momguesthouse.com

Enjoy!

#10 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 01:32

• Advertisement

• ruxandra

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

In Siem Reap:

Just two weeks ago my friend and I stayed at Bun Seda Angkor Villa.

Close to pub street but nice and quiet. Only two minutes walk away. 11$ to 15$ a night. Very clean, hot shower, etc.
    I think their website is www.bunsedaangkor.com
    We also worked with one of the tuk tuk drivers around ther, Tony, you can email him at tonycliff2008@yahoo.com to get in contact. he will pick you up wherever you need, etc. spoke english, knowledgeable, and did a fine job of taking us to places without too many tourists and some with none around the area, outside of town.
    good luck!

#11 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 14:00

• Frangipani6-
    0s

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2007

It is a place where i can have an opportunity to express my satisfaction on Frangipani Villa where i stayed at Room No. 15. Room 15 is large and reasonable price comparing to size and architect designs. It is a quiet and beautiful place. The price ranging from $25 to $45. Could you please put Frangipani Vill in your radar?
    Traveller, Japan

#12 Posted: 18/12/2007 - 18:23

• annalouisas

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

i would like to mention a GH in Phnom Penh:
    name: les jardins d'orient
    adress: 75 street
    tel: 012 413 825
    web: http://www.phnom-penh.biz research the name of the GH.
    price: from 16USD, breakfast included(your choice on the menu!!)
    the guesthouse is better known as a restaurant -mediterrean cuisine- to the french residents in PP.(it's a place where french speaking people tend to gather)
    it's main asset is the nice garden with many plants ant trees where part of the restaurant is located.it's out of the main drag, quiet and with a happy atmosphere. the french owners are present, the friendly staff is french and english speaking.
    we stayed 13-17.01.2008

#13 Posted: 18/2/2008 - 23:43

• hamletgarri-
    do

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2008

Try Babel Siem Reap Guesthouse, new guesthouse in town. They can speak english, french, italian, spanish and khmer, amazing rooms. One of the best choices in town.

#14 Posted: 5/4/2008 - 12:15

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

whoops! it looks like a spammer definitely got through during the switch over time. too bad these links aren't live, because i could definitely benefit from learning more about all these watches and medicines! ;-)

for what it is worth, we had a wonderful stay at Two Dragons. the staff was great, the rooms were comfortable and spotless, and the food in the restaurant, particularly the cambodian food, was awesome. Two Dragons is definitely more of a flashpacker venue, but gives excellent value for your flashpacker money.

perhaps best about Two Dragons was how they arranged to have a stringer meet us at the border crossing in Poipet to painlessly facilitate that event. plus, they lined up solid and friendly rickshaw drivers for us during our visit to Angkor and for our return taxi to Thailand. there are many good places to stay in Siem Reap and Two Dragons is definitely one of them. cheers.

#15 Posted: 19/1/2009 - 00:10

• jeremy_vern-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 4

I recommend avoiding Rory's Guesthouse, in Phnom Penh, opposite the national museum. We found the room stank of cigarettes; the mattress was as thick and comfortable as cardboard; the A/C had two settings: Off or Full Blast; The corridors smelt of urine; the noise at 1am was terrible and breakfast (specifically what they're passing off as 'mushrooms') was gross.
    Only thing I will say is the room + en suite was clean, despite the odour in the room.

#16 Posted: 20/1/2009 - 08:50

• AlfaBlondy

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2009

try the EUROPEAN GUESTHOUSE in siem reap! cheap, fun, friendly and clean!

#17 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 21:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Van Xuan Guest House, Hue Recommended ... By Taracandra on 24 Nov 2008 0 3008 24 Nov 2008
Chiang Mai Junior Guest House, formerly SK Guest House...any thoughts? ... By rpblica54 on 27 Mar 2012 0 1738 27 Mar 2012
PENGUIN HOUSE-guest house& serviced apartment @sathorn ... By ccfay on 29 Jul 2008 0 4225 29 Jul 2008
Panda House a new guest house in down town Chiangmai ... By pandahouse on 10 May 2008 0 3424 10 May 2008
Thai House Inn Guest House ... By doveman on 5 May 2006 0 3035 5 May 2006
My Anh guest house ... By myanhchau on 24 Jan 2007 0 3236 24 Jan 2007
Mae Sot Guest House ... By cilee on 2 Apr 2010 2 4969 12 Jul 2011
Guest house in Mae Sot ... By ekkaphan on 20 Feb 2011 0 2703 20 Feb 2011
Gin’s Guest House ... By bmaumene on 26 Jul 2007 0 2958 26 Jul 2007
Bangkok Guest house ... By carycary on 29 Mar 2007 0 2134 29 Mar 2007