Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia additions forum

tara riverboat siem reap

Posted by freedom on 23/11/2007 at 19:36

completely restored vessel/ship can carry 500 people ,new air cond cabins available,3 restaurants, bar, captains bridge, viewing deck,threatre room,set up primarily as a restaurant serving both asian and western foods,great way to experence the tonle sap lake,mini taras tour the floating village,enviromental/gecko centre,fish and croc farms,tours last 4hours departing siem reap every hour free pick up from hotels $20 day $30 sunset special all drinks, including champange and meals included,best way to see beautiful sunsets www.taraboat.com ph 012771641 for bookings

#1 freedom has been a member since 23/11/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by pencilmein on 12/12/2007 at 20:02

its a beautiful riverboat on the tonle sap lake,staff are very professional,had dinner with the captain,such a nice man.50 odd years ago this riverboat was used to ferry passengers from vietnam to cambodia along the mekong river,the captain told me it was about 80 years old but no one really knows.food is great and exploring the ship is interesting,if old ships could talk it would have a great stories to tell..dont know what the cabins are like as they where only building these when i went out there.

#2 pencilmein has been a member since 12/12/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by figenways on 13/6/2008 at 08:47

on a recent trip to kompong phluk the flooded forrest used the tara riverboat tours,having a local guide that speaks good english i think he was from there as he knew everyone by name.we used the riverboat to have lunch and dinner and smaller boats for the lake and river systems,a very interesting trip and certainly will go again

#3 figenways has been a member since 10/6/2008. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.