Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

tara riverboat siem reap

• freedom

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2007

completely restored vessel/ship can carry 500 people ,new air cond cabins available,3 restaurants, bar, captains bridge, viewing deck,threatre room,set up primarily as a restaurant serving both asian and western foods,great way to experence the tonle sap lake,mini taras tour the floating village,enviromental/gecko centre,fish and croc farms,tours last 4hours departing siem reap every hour free pick up from hotels $20 day $30 sunset special all drinks, including champange and meals included,best way to see beautiful sunsets www.taraboat.com ph 012771641 for bookings

#1 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 19:36

• Advertisement

• pencilmein

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2007

its a beautiful riverboat on the tonle sap lake,staff are very professional,had dinner with the captain,such a nice man.50 odd years ago this riverboat was used to ferry passengers from vietnam to cambodia along the mekong river,the captain told me it was about 80 years old but no one really knows.food is great and exploring the ship is interesting,if old ships could talk it would have a great stories to tell..dont know what the cabins are like as they where only building these when i went out there.

#2 Posted: 12/12/2007 - 20:02

• figenways

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2008

on a recent trip to kompong phluk the flooded forrest used the tara riverboat tours,having a local guide that speaks good english i think he was from there as he knew everyone by name.we used the riverboat to have lunch and dinner and smaller boats for the lake and river systems,a very interesting trip and certainly will go again

#3 Posted: 13/6/2008 - 08:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.