Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Norden House Rattanakiri

• dancingroads

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2006

I'm back in PP after a 6 day trip and just wanted to post a public congratulations and thank you to Nisse, his family and staff in Rattanakiri. We stayed at Norden House for 2 nights last week; 9 of us in total (virtually taking over the whole place!) and had a fantastic time. A quick run down...

Bungalows: the solar powered hot showers were very welcome given the temperature at night and red dirt which gets deep into the skin.. nice finishing touches like the artwork in the rooms and the taps/sinks (which you will have to wait and see for yourself ) And yes gavinmac there are bumguns ;-)

Food: anyone who does potatoes for breakfast has my vote; the schnitzel and swedish meatballs were also great and everyone in our group ate virtually every meal there

Garden: already shows promise and is going to look great when the rainy season hits.

Drinks: good choice of drinks (especially vodka, I had a cranberry vodka to warm me up in the evening, the shot size of which was massive). Nice to see that Norden house doesn't take advantage of its out of town location by upping the drinks prices as other businesses may do.

Location: a ten minute walk to Yeak laom lake, after so long in Phnom Penh I'd forgotten what silence sounds like. Very peaceful....

sauna: didn't get the chance to try it but I can see it would be very welcome to tired bikers.

dogs: possibly the two friendliest dogs I have ever met in Cambodia!]

We also had the opportunity to be the first 'test audience' for a Tampoun group who performed traditional songs and dances for us, which was a very nice experience. And it must be said that the Tampoun girls are the most stunning I have seen in Cambodia.

#1 Posted: 26/2/2008 - 20:01

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.