Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

rent a motorcycle in cambodia

• samshadow

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2009

i plan to ride around cambodia on march for at least 2 weeks around cambodia. where should i rent a dirt bike from? how much is it for the rental fee?

#1 Posted: 13/2/2009 - 01:35

• Advertisement

• lovernature-

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2009

i would not recommend lucky lucky or new new or angkor even they have been in motorcycle rental business ages.

imagine if you had had a bike and ridden it for long!!!!!

dont u think getting a replacement is a better idea?

#2 Posted: 13/2/2009 - 02:00

• snoopiesnoop

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2009

plan to rent a bike and ride on ur own? usually, the bike you rent will come with a lock --- chain lock. well, do not trust in that ring lock coz they can push the bike backwards or forwards hard and the ring lock will become a curved wire.

Usually, a chain piece with solex key should work perfectly fine. all you need to do is to wrap that chain piece around the rear or front shock. easy and feel the safety?

for honda scooter like wave or dream, the middle stand would have come with holes to lock the stand with the bike frame. make sure the key is big enuff so that they--thieves-- cant push the bike fowards and break the so called unsafe lock.

mostly, the dirt bikes come with front and rear brakes where there are small holes. lock your bike with the solex lock provided with the lil holes. make sure you remove the solex key before starting the engine.

dont feel the bike safe enuff yet? ask for 2 solex brand locks. you should now feel ur bikes safe and can relax in any restaurant now right? :P i dont think those thieves will spend time working on ur bikes while they spend less on the others.

i rented a suzuki 250 cc during january and asked for 2 locks even when lee run deleted - business banned for spamming insisted on giving me one.

#3 Posted: 13/2/2009 - 17:37

• cobra4000

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009

The best motorcycle rental service in Phnom Penh: The Bike Shop.
    www.motorcyclecambodia.com
    They also organise guided tours if you want to discover the best of Cambodia without a problem.
    www.motorcycletourscambodia.com
    Bikes are few dollars more expensive than the other companies, but they worth the difference and guarantee you to have great holidays.
    The shop is managed by Bernie, resident in Cambodia since more than 15 years.

#4 Posted: 4/12/2009 - 10:52

• dtd

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2009

there are few more to hire bikes from

www.twocambodia.com
    www.mrbikerental.com

the famous one on organized riding trip should be dancing road.

#5 Posted: 7/12/2009 - 03:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.