Flag of Cambodia additions

Cambodia additions forum

Motherhome - Best Value Guesthouse in Siam Reap

• HaydenNZ

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2009

Found a great new guesthouse in Siam Reap. Motherhome Guesthouse in the quiet but central street of Wat Bo definately seems a step ahead of the others I've stayed at. 10 minute walk from town it has high-standard facilities and service at low to mid-range prices.

$9 rooms come with ensuite and bath, sat TV, mini bar fridge and are super-clean. $15 upgrade if you feel the need to turn on the aircon. The free services make a big difference and include internet (with skype), bikes, tea and coffee, breakfast with juice, water purifier, peanuts and watermelon at the restaurant, and a night free if you stay for 7.

We got hooked by the cool, eucalyptus towlette and juice upon every entry and were sold after seeing the state of the rooms. The friendly staff are something else making you feel like a high-roller on a backpacker budget - making sure you are never without a cold drink of water and materialising out of nowhere to replace an ashtray (even if you've just put one cigarette out!) The outdoor restaurant is clean, hygenic, quiet and a great place to unwind after a hot day at the temples.

If this sounds unbalanced the only con's I can think of after 10 days here are it could be dangerous to get used to this kind of service and we're not too fond of the rooster that hangs outside our window some mornings! The beers can be a little more expensive than the draft in town but they're 85cents at the superette up the road making the room fridge come in handy.

Some of the other customers I've talked to on budgets more extravagent than ours say this place is far nicer than a lot of the four star hotels around Siam Reap which are "all show and no substance".

Check it out before the guidebooks get onto it!

#1 Posted: 14/8/2009 - 23:08

• Advertisement

• Charls

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2009

Dear All,

Just wanted to second the opinion listed above by HaydenNZ - Motherhome Guesthouse is the best guesthouse for customer service and value for money in our whole Asia trip.

We are on a tight budget and normally for Cambodia would look for a double room with fan for $4/5 - however as stated above the included extras for $9 plus the amazing customer service more then equals value for money.

Everything listed above is true, the staff always have a smile on their face and couldnt do enough to ensure your well looked after.

Every guest here I've spoken to is amazed at the quality so you MUST come and check it out.

Thanks

Charles and Amy

#2 Posted: 11/9/2009 - 11:49

• Missis

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hello

We were slightly worried about this accommodation as booked on the first recommendation and was relieved to see the second. Needn't had worried, it was great.

There was juice when we first arrived, which was very nice, the cold towel was very welcome on every arrival back from a day out.

We had the $15 rooms - very nice, the bathroom was the best we had during our tour. There was some noise in the morning, however I don't suppose there is much to do about the cockerell! Also, room 101 is right next to the free tea and coffee and a free alarm clock at 5am every morning as the cups are stacked for the day! Free tea and coffee was great.

The staff are very helpful and polite and the food in the restaurant lovely - the fish and chips are definitely worth a recommendation.

Would definitely recommend this guesthouse, very good value.

Missis.

#3 Posted: 2/1/2010 - 07:02

• justanother-
    hiker

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

This hotel sparkles. I'm not on the tightest budget, but staying in a backpacker-priced hotel that rivals expensive hotels is pretty wonderful. I am completely in awe of such wonderful hospitality! If anything, the staff is too attentive.

The location is not on a main road, but it's very central. (Seven minute minute walk to the old market). Not only did the staff greet us with cool, minty towels, but they answered a million questions I had and arranged both tours and transportation around the temples and to PP (at very fair and reasonable prices).

I haven't stayed anywhere else in Siam Reap, so I can't compare, but I've stayed all over SE Asia and this is the best. Well, I stayed at the Four Seasons in Bangkok and that was better. But, barely. haha! I can't recommend Motherhome enough. It's easy, relaxing, and enjoyable!

#4 Posted: 7/7/2010 - 16:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Baan Siam Guesthouse, Patong Beach ... By anthonyx4949 on 20 Apr 2009 1 3277 20 Apr 2009
Pattaya to Siam Reap ... By mojojaja on 22 May 2009 2 9116 23 May 2009
Siam Reap to Laos..! ... By Noggins on 25 Jun 2009 0 2961 25 Jun 2009
siam reap to koh chang ... By tinamuc on 17 Jan 2012 8 4072 23 Jan 2012
Hiring a car from PP to Siam Reap ... By charfang7861 on 11 Jan 2009 1 2011 12 Jan 2009
Flights between Sihanoukville abd Siam Reap...are there some? ... By KevandJho on 13 Oct 2011 4 2662 22 Oct 2011
Siam Reap to Southern Laos ... By xtrinh on 15 May 2006 4 3805 17 May 2006
Siam Reap - Bangkok by Train ... By charfang7861 on 12 Jan 2009 2 3560 13 Jan 2009
Siam Reap to Hanoi in ten days,,,, ... By Gez1975 on 27 Jan 2011 2 2211 1 Feb 2011