Photo: Terraces, Yuanyang.

China forum

Arranging visa in Hong Kong

Posted by ElSpudo on 22/3/2013 at 13:28

Posted from within Vietnam.

Does anybody have recent experience with getting a single entry Chinese visa from the office in Hong Kong? I'm currently in the middle of a trip through Asia so cannot apply from my home country. I'm in Hanoi right now but have heard that it's next to impossible to get the visa here.. I will also be in Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Bangkok but expect it'll be hard there too. Have a flight to Hong Kong already booked so am keen to ensure I'll have no hassles there and can travel into China smoothly a few days later.

I don't have onward flights booked nor hotel accommodation at any destination in China, would this be a problem? Is a letter of invitation required? I've seen conflicting things all across the internet but lots of the info seems out of date and the situation seems to change an awful lot.. Thanks

#1 ElSpudo has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.