China forum

Yangtze River Cruise Versus Yangshuo

• Timetotrave-
    l12

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2012

Looking for a bit of advice here... Done a lot of travel over the years but China is proving to be difficult...it's just so big!

My husband and I are planning a three week trip in June (not the most ideal time to visit (we will be there for the Dragon Boat festival) but only time we can travel due to work commitments).

I've come up with a couple of itineraries however research online is making it difficult to decide between Yangtze River Cruise or heading to Guillin and Yangshuo area as we don't have time to do both... We're planning on doing the tour independently and we're in our early 30's...any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated..

So far it goes like this:
    Shanghai -4 nights with a day trip to Suzhou
    Travel to Wuhan to then train to Yichang for one night
    Embark Yangtze River Cruise for 4 nights
    Night in Chongqing after cruise
    Travel to Chengdu for 4 nights
    Fly to Xian for 3 nights
    Bullet train to Beijing for 4 nights then home to Scotland

Would you chose the Yangzte River cruise over Yangshuo area? And why?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 10/2/2014 - 16:46

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mekong river cruise ... By 1tsjad21 on 23 Apr 2013 1 1806 25 Apr 2013
Good & Cheap Chao Phraya River Cruise Dinner ... By kkswan on 5 Aug 2009 0 2468 5 Aug 2009
River cruise Saigon to Phnom Penh/Siem Reap ... By amarie on 3 Jul 2011 1 4280 3 Jul 2011