China forum

China Visa Problem ...HELP!

• scotthutch90

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2013

Hi everyone

My girlfriend and I are just about to apply for our Russian Mongolian and Chinese Visas through Real Russia. We knew that we would have to book accommodation as proof for the Chinese embassy and were advised to book fake hotels/guesthouses with no booking fee and then cancel when granted our Visa and just find places upon arrival. But we had planned on crossing the border into Vietnam and the Chinese embassy require proof of onward travel which we won't be able to provide as we don't know a specific date we will leave the country and we will be doing so overland. Real Russia have been pretty helpful up until this pound where their response was simply

Hello,

please, buy fake outbound tickets from China in this case, and then cancel them once the visas are issued.

Best regards,

Has anyone found a way around this, what do most people do when crossing the border into Vietnam? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Scott

#1 Posted: 14/7/2014 - 06:51

• Advertisement

• squaretheci-
    rcle

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

Seems like you need a better agency. I used one called Forever Bright out of Hong Kong, they got me a 2-month double entry L visa to China for around 20 dollars more than it would have costed to go to the embassy. No proof of accommodation or onward ticket was needed, just fill out the form and pay them. You might e-mail them and ask for advice as they were quite helpful in e-mails to me, but I think you have to be in HK in person for them to do this.

#2 Posted: 14/7/2014 - 16:15

• scotthutch90

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply. We are doing the Visas all together as we thought it would save hassle the company are doing all 3 for around £300 (pretty sure this is more than we should be paying) but seems the easiest way as neither me or my girlfriend have ever had to apply for a Visa before. Also we fly out on the 4th of September so around 8 weeks and don't really want to risk sending passports away to different companies as we don't know how long they will take to return them. With Forever Bright does it matter that we wont actually be visiting HK? Do you have any suggestion or do you think we may just have to book a flight from Kunming?

#3 Posted: 14/7/2014 - 16:15

• squaretheci-
    rcle

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

Not sure, I recommend e-mailing them and let me know what they tell you (if anything):

fbtravel at fbt-chinavisa com hk

^^fill in the at sign and dots as obvious

I think they have some work-around with a tourist agency that provides the itinerary and exit flight for you then cancels it, won't work for the people working on tourist visas (big crackdown lately in Ch. as well as Thai.) but mighty useful for the legitimate tourist who doesn't want to do all that bureaucratic BS.

#4 Posted: 14/7/2014 - 16:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.