Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Pick a piece of paradise
    We've got a new daily competition running here at Travelfish. Every weekday we'll post a photo of somewhere in Southeast Asia and all you need to do is tell us where it is. First one with a correct (enough) answer wins -- simple as that!

What do you win?
    A complimentary Travelfish Guide of your choice. There's a bunch of titles to choose from, from Remote Southern Laos to Phuket and from Hanoi to Ko Phi Phi -- there are 15 titles in total ranging in price from US$2.95 through to $11.85 -- and more are on the way. You can browse the full collection here.

What do you mean by correct (enough)?
    If we post a photo taken let's say on Chaweng Beach on Ko Samui in Thailand, then there are a lot of "correct" answers -- Asia, Thailand, Ko Samui or Chaweng Beach would all be technically correct, but we'd be looking for at least a Ko Samui... though something like "this photo was taken under the fourth palm tree from the end of Chaweng Beach at around 9:15 am" would beat just a plain vanilla "Ko Samui" -- so, be as exact as you can be.

What's the small print?
    You can only win once. And you can only guess once for each photo.

Every weekday -- what time please?
    If you've got your nose in the atlas and finger on the mouse, primed to pounce to collect your prize, you'll need to check back regularly to see if a new question has been posted, as we're just going to post whenever we feel like it. Remember, we're based in Bali, so check your timezones.

Oh come on -- I don't want to check back every five minutes! Alright -- we'll make an announcement on Twitter and Facebook exactly five minutes before we post. Our Twitter feed is here and the Travelfish Facebook group is here.

If you don't know what Twitter is, check it out -- it's a tremendous way to waste time, procrastinate and meet some interesting travellers -- a bit like Facebook really ;-)

Photo for Tuesday, October 14
    Pick a piece of paradise: Where is this?

So where is the above photo of? Remember, be as specific as you can -- and don't forget to say which Guide you'd like if you win.

Good luck!

#1 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 16:10

• Advertisement

• lauraandmark

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2008

cat ba island, vietnam?

#2 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 17:25

• jamespool

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2008

They're axe-pillows on the veranda, so I'm thinking Thailand, but I think it is on the mainland not an island. Somewhere in Trang maybe? If it is, I'd like the Ko Tao guide please!

#3 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 17:46

• sammib

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2004

Hmm. Those look like limestone karsty things in the background... Maybe outside Vang Vieng? I would like Phuket if I'm right please.

#4 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 18:03

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Koh Phi Phi?

-Laos guide

#5 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 21:08

• frasereastw-
    ood

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2008

Phi Phi hill resort, long beach ko phi phi.

#6 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 21:11

• frasereastw-
    ood

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2008

Thailand guide

#7 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 21:11

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ok, will tie this one up... until tomorrow!

mattocmd - you had the right island, but frasereastwood has nailed it, so guide goes to the latter and mattocmd, look forward to your best guess tomorrow!

Fraser will contact you off list to find out what Guide you want, as we don't have one to all of Thailand!

And to sammib, when you find some reefs like that in Laos, please do let me know!

I'm locking this thread now and will post again tomorrow with a new pic -- note Twitter and Facebook junkies, we'll announce it half an hour beforehand - not five minutes!

#8 Posted: 14/10/2008 - 21:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Competition: Pick a piece of paradise: Thursday October 16 ... By somtam2000 on 16 Oct 2008 4 2722 14 Dec 2008
Competition: Pick a piece of paradise: Wednesday October 15 ... By somtam2000 on 15 Oct 2008 7 2946 16 Oct 2008