Culture and politics forum

desige a 3 weeks trip Malasyia, Singapor, Thailand

• Lau_lau

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

Me & my husband are planing to go for the first time to visit Malasyia, Singapor & Thailand.. We have already bought our airline ticket and we will arrive to Kuala Lumpur at 31 of August 2012. Our departing fly home is 22 of August
    So, our trip will start and will and at KL.
    We think to organise our staying like this:
    1. Kuala Lumpur - 4 nights
    2. Penang  & Langkawi - 3 nights
    3. Melacca - one night
    4. Singapore - 2 nights
    fly to Bangkok
    5. Bangkok - 2 nights/ three days
    fly to Phuket
    6. Phuket - 4 nights
    fly to KL
    7 KL  one or two nights
    Back home

Can anybody  help us to better designe this intenerary, in a more conviniet way? 
    Do you think I need to book (buy) in advance the airline ticket for AIRASIA to fly to Bangkok, Phuket and back to KL? Since August is not a hight season I can book two or three days in Advance?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

#1 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 07:21

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It would help if you explained why you want to go to each place, as they are pretty different.

#2 Posted: 22/6/2012 - 08:35

• Lau_lau

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

Dear DADMac,

I know that all the places are pretty different from each-other but this is our first contact with SEE. While in KL, Bangkok, Malacca, Penang & Singapore we would like to know better their history, culture, tradition, sightseeing & some shopping as well , in Langkawi we would like to know its nature, in Phuket we have plane for a good relaxation in any good resort & some night life.
    Another question of mine is regarding AirAsia. It is better to book the fly since now or when we will arrive in KL?
    What do you think about our itinerary? Is is reasonable in terms of continuation of our trip?
    thanks,
    Lau

#3 Posted: 28/6/2012 - 07:43

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Based on the feel I get from your post the plan seems OK. The destinations seem logical as well, other than maybe Malacca given how much time you have (or don't). That's an awfully short stop. On the other hand, KL gets mixed reviews, so if you don't like it and move on after a couple of days, you could add those to Malaca if you liked it there.

I would book the flights in advance because of your time constraints. But I see no reason why you can't do that in KL, unless you think you'll just be beat when you land and won't have the desire to do it then.

Personally with the time you have (or again don't) I would have stayed in one country and kept it at that. I prefer the less is more approach. But I get the feeling that would not apply to you.

#4 Posted: 28/6/2012 - 08:25

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

1. Kuala Lumpur - 4 nights v (too long)
    2. Penang  & Langkawi - 3 nights (too rushed)

The later will offer you more. I'd spend 6 nights at those places and only the first night in KL

Your other destinations look rushed as well. Pick either Bangkok or Singapore and spend 4 nights. Both good cities but Bangkok is half the price of Singapore so I prefer it.

Fly to Phuket for 4 nights. That's fine but Krabi has better scenary if you like nature.

KL. 1 night at the end or just stay in airport for a few hrs and go home. KL isn't a great city for tourists.

#5 Posted: 24/7/2012 - 19:16

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I'm not a big fan of KL based on my limited time there, so I'd agree with the others and suggest that you spend less time there, and add the days to Malacca which I found to be somewhat more interesting albeit a bit touristy. Maybe just cut out the first four days in KL altogether since you have a few days there at the end.

Personally I'd also prefer Singapore over KL - but having said that, I don't think it's really worth the time spent getting there and the costs for just two days. I'd cut that out and add those days elsewhere. The question is, where?

As Mac said, it's hard to know how to advise when we don't know what you are aiming to get out of your visit. You're spending a bit of time in large cities which is OK if you are aiming to do lots of shopping and some of the standard sight-seeing stuff. Bu I'd suggest spending those saved days to see other other parts of the countries. Forego Singapore and use those days to see some areas out of Bangkok - such as Kanchanburi (River Kwai, etc), Ayutthaya (temples) or Amphawa (a non-touristy riverside floating evening market). These are all places that are easily accessible with a bit of planning. My personal favourite was Amphawa, a place that I've posted about here previously.

That's my two cents worth!

#6 Posted: 25/7/2012 - 03:42

• Lau_lau

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2012

Thank you all for your helpful suggestion. I have made some modification in my trip plan based on your suggestion!

#7 Posted: 26/7/2012 - 07:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand & Siam Reap - 2 weeks, in 2 weeks! Normal trip plan help + Fine Dining? ... By Ahleckz on 11 Nov 2013 3 1251 13 Nov 2013