Photo: Baci ceremony, Luanag Prabang.

Culture and politics forum

Travelfish culture and politics READ THIS FIRST!

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/6/2009 at 07:54 admin

Somehow I just know I'm going to regret setting up this branch on the site -- though I'll be well pleased to be proved wrong!

The Culture and Politics branch is for any discussion that, well, covers culture and politics and doesn't better fit into one of the other groups. If you're just having a rant, may I suggest Idle Banter as being perhaps more suitable.

The region does have a facinating political and social mix to it and there's no shortage of matters for discussion. There's also no shortage of strong opinions -- so lets all try to keep it polite yes?

I realise some of the Travelfish regulars live in the region and/or travel there all too frequently, so I look forward to seeing your contributions, but please bear in mind that some people wading into a forum like this may be less familiar than you to some of the issues, so BE NICE!

There's only one no no on this branch -- and across the entire site for that matter -- discussion of any kind regarding the Thai Royal Family is absolutely not permitted. All comments in this area will be deleted as soon as I see them -- please don't try me in this regard.

That's enough from me -- you asked for it -- here it is.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.