Culture and politics forum

Travelfish culture and politics READ THIS FIRST!

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Somehow I just know I'm going to regret setting up this branch on the site -- though I'll be well pleased to be proved wrong!

The Culture and Politics branch is for any discussion that, well, covers culture and politics and doesn't better fit into one of the other groups. If you're just having a rant, may I suggest Idle Banter as being perhaps more suitable.

The region does have a facinating political and social mix to it and there's no shortage of matters for discussion. There's also no shortage of strong opinions -- so lets all try to keep it polite yes?

I realise some of the Travelfish regulars live in the region and/or travel there all too frequently, so I look forward to seeing your contributions, but please bear in mind that some people wading into a forum like this may be less familiar than you to some of the issues, so BE NICE!

There's only one no no on this branch -- and across the entire site for that matter -- discussion of any kind regarding the Thai Royal Family is absolutely not permitted. All comments in this area will be deleted as soon as I see them -- please don't try me in this regard.

That's enough from me -- you asked for it -- here it is.

#1 Posted: 17/6/2009 - 07:54

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Idle banter & Culture politics moved ... By somtam2000 on 12 Sep 2013 8 800 14 Sep 2013
Travelfish site maintenance, please read! ... By somtam2000 on 23 Nov 2007 1 2672 24 Nov 2007
Travelfish Reading Room: please read this first! ... By somtam2000 on 3 Jul 2009 0 5663 3 Jul 2009