Culture and politics forum

Have the Thai police been told or......

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

On our recent trip to Thailand there seemed to be an awful lot of Police doing vehicle checks.Every day we saw at least one road check and one day I saw four in different locations.Even saw a Bangkok red bus pulled up and the policeman writing out a ticket.Don't know if he was booking the driver or there was a problem with the bus.Anyone else noticed any difference?Perhaps it's just getting close to Xmas he he.

#1 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 15:29

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Everything seems the same to me.

#2 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 11:14

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

We were travelling back from Pattaya with the Son-in-Law and we got pulled up.The cop walked around the car and could'nt really find anything wrong-car's 3 years old and hasn't been used in the last year or so.So what did he find wrong?-the front number plate was'nt quite straight.Cost 100baht on the spot or 200baht if he did the paper work.Handed over the 100baht and I think[not really sure]that he gave him a receipt.First time I've ever been in a vehicle that's been checked.

#3 Posted: 11/11/2009 - 15:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.