Photo: Baci ceremony, Luanag Prabang.

Culture and politics forum

Have the Thai police been told or......

Posted by Thaiman on 6/11/2009 at 15:29

On our recent trip to Thailand there seemed to be an awful lot of Police doing vehicle checks.Every day we saw at least one road check and one day I saw four in different locations.Even saw a Bangkok red bus pulled up and the policeman writing out a ticket.Don't know if he was booking the driver or there was a problem with the bus.Anyone else noticed any difference?Perhaps it's just getting close to Xmas he he.

#1 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Posted by MADMAC on 9/11/2009 at 11:14

Everything seems the same to me.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by Thaiman on 11/11/2009 at 15:19

We were travelling back from Pattaya with the Son-in-Law and we got pulled up.The cop walked around the car and could'nt really find anything wrong-car's 3 years old and hasn't been used in the last year or so.So what did he find wrong?-the front number plate was'nt quite straight.Cost 100baht on the spot or 200baht if he did the paper work.Handed over the 100baht and I think[not really sure]that he gave him a receipt.First time I've ever been in a vehicle that's been checked.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.