Photo: Cycling the backblocks of Thonburi.

Cycling in Asia forum

Cycling trip: Phnom Penh - Siem Reap!

Posted by Lipsjochem on 6/7/2010 at 11:37

Hey everyone!

I'm Jochem, a 20 year-old Dutchman who's traveling SEA at his own leisure. Now, I have been from Hanoi to Phu Quoc island & back to Saigon on a motorbike, and now that I've pretty much seen Vietnam (loved it!) I'm looking for a new adventure in a new country!

So I sold my motorbike in HCMC and went to Cambodia with the plan of buying a bicylcle in Phnom Penh and riding it to Siem Reap (or further), really taking my time and no rushing, so that I can fully enjoy the country!

Question is, is anyone here up for joining me? I did most of my motorbike trip with other people too and though I still enjoyed it on my own, I prefer the company of another person! Cycling through Cambodia definitely sounds like a more original/better way of seeing the country than through the window of a bus that's heading straight from Phnom Penh to Angkor Wat and rush rush over the Thai border!

I'm planning on leaving next saturday, which should give me enough time to get everything sorted, see some of the city in the meanwhile & I have to wait for my Thai visa anyway. Hope to hear from someone, you can either leave a message below or e-mail me at lipsjochem@hotmail.com (I check my mail more often).

Cheers!

Jochem

P.S. Any tips on route, gear etc. are more than welcome too! :)

#1 Lipsjochem has been a member since 28/6/2010. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.