Cycling in Asia forum

Seeking quality bike for SE Asia & China trip

• Seby_C

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2011

Dear all,

I am looking to buy a second hand bike which will be used for a trip starting in Cambodia and ending in China, which I hope to set off on in around2 months time. I am 6'3" and so need a large frame (ideally 23 inches),and of course it needs to be in great condition to make the trip and then be sold in China.
    If anyone has a bike matching this spec for sale I’d love to hear about it. I live in Siem Reap in Cambodia so if needs be I can make it to most places in Cambodia or even Bangkok and all areas between there and Siem Reap.

Or I would be extremely grateful if anyone knows of a good quality bikeshop in Bangkok where I can buy second hand bikes and discuss my requirements with the staff? I am aware I am most likely going to have to buy the bike from a shop in Bangkok, but don’t know where to start at this point.

And same goes for all equipment (panniers, tyres, tubes, puncture kit,etc etc etc) – I need to get hold of all that too so if anyone is selling this stuff please let me know!

Many thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 22:17

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Somebody was selling a pair of bikes

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/cycleasia/14611_for-sale---2-fuji-nevada-4-0-mountain-bikes---vietnam

#2 Posted: 19/5/2011 - 06:57

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Seby,

Check my last post in the South East Asia forum.

And sorry for calling you Selby. I have a friend called Selby and it just came out.

#3 Posted: 19/5/2011 - 21:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Seeking road bike ... By haas1mic on 17 Oct 2012 0 1220 17 Oct 2012
Cell phone during 4.5 month trip through SE Asia, East China, Japan ... By Lamar on 23 Dec 2007 2 3220 27 Dec 2007