Cycling in Asia forum

Good Cambodia and Vietnam maps

• melbromar

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

Hi,
    My husband and I are about to spend 6 months cycling through S.E. Asia. We have good road maps for Thailand and Laos but not yet for Cambodia and Vietnam. Anyone know of a good road map/s for these two countries?
    We would like to stay off the highways as much as possible so the more detailed the better.
    We are in Melbourne at the moment so we would need to buy them here or be able to buy them online.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 06:13

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I'm not a cyclist so can not help you directly.

Just that in Cambodia there isn't much choice in roads. The only decent roads are the main roads. Luckily for you they are not that busy and most times quite scenic. A normal roadmap of Cambodia should do it. Secondary roads are of a really bad quality, especially in rainy season. All cyclists I see and speak to here stick to the main roads and only wander off in places where they stay for a few days.

For Vietnam I can however recommend the sideroads. Alas, I have no knowledge on how to get a decent map.
    Have a good trip

#2 Posted: 10/8/2011 - 15:34

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Just came across this link to Cambodian Govt site with very detailed online maps of Cambodia.Perhaps you could print them out.

http://cambodiamaps.blogspot.com/2010/12/royal-cambodian-government-roadmaps.html

#3 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 14:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Maps of Cambodia ... By chuangt2u on 8 Apr 2007 0 1274 8 Apr 2007