Cycling in Asia forum

cycle partner(s) for laos/cambodia/vietnam ?

• pirmelenge

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2013

Hello All!

I'm planning to cycle in southern Laos through Cambodia, possibly end of December/beginning of January? Anyone want to join or have some general advice?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 6/9/2013 - 18:41

• Advertisement

• noberoi31

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2013

Hey pirmelenge,

I'm trying to plan something similar but unfortunately I can only get to Luang Prabang where I can start biking through Laos, Vietnam and Camboda, on Jan 19th. Any chance you may want to synch up or talk about itineraries?

#2 Posted: 27/10/2013 - 23:02

• Gathernomoss

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2013

Arriving Vietnam(Saigon) first week of Feb.. Have not decided on heading north along the Vietnam coast, then crossing into Cambodia or Laos(depending on how far north I travel). My other possibility is right into Cambodia, then Thailand ,and Malaysia as final destination for mid April. My schedule is flexible and so is my route. I am not self sustained, and will be using cheap lodging. I am up for some off the beaten path riding if I had some others to ride with, but alone, I will stay with the main arteries of the road system in these countries. Mike

#3 Posted: 19/12/2013 - 10:08

• noberoi31

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2013

Hi Mike,

I'm arriving at the Northern part of Vietnam early Feb, and plan to bike down to Saigon and in to Cambodia. I've heard the roads and the views are great. Would you be interested in planning a ride together? I'm not sure how it would work since we're planning on arriving at different parts of Vietnam, but my plan isn't completely fixed either so maybe we can work something out.

Nitya

#4 Posted: 19/12/2013 - 10:12

• Gathernomoss

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2013

Nitya, That was quick! I have been looking for other riders for the last 2 weeks. I have thought of taking rail up north,(Da Nang) then coming back south. I did not want to go from Hanoi, due to my destination of Kuala Lumpur , and I am still considering Laos. I certainly would be interested in riding together if our timing is right. I arrive in Saigon Feb. 1st and have to be in Kuala Lumpur by Apr. 15th. There is a person I have to look up, and I am not sure where she will be(traveling also), and I will find her at some point. That is the only thing that could change my schedule.
    I am currently in Nicaragua, so until I am on the ground in Vietnam, many things could dictate my travel. I think we can hook up at least certain legs of our travel, and I will make it a point to stay in touch. Mike

#5 Posted: 19/12/2013 - 10:38

• noberoi31

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2013

Mike, I would love to stay in touch. I've enabled private messaging on my profile, so if you send me an email address, that might be more convenient. I'm fairly flexible too - I will be traveling in Laos pretty much most of January so was hoping to head over from there to Hanoi before going down south to Saigon and then Cambodia ( I could always consider going south to north instead, and later Cambodia) - then Thailand where I'll be meeting friends in March. I will probably be buying a bike in Hanoi (are you bringing yours with you?).

Have fun in Nicaragua! Let's be in touch.

#6 Posted: 20/12/2013 - 06:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cycling partner for supported bike tour in Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia: June/July 2014 ... By hmrolstomt on 23 May 2014 8 630 28 May 2014
Cycle Touring Laos ... By enduro75 on 21 Feb 2014 2 520 25 Feb 2014