Photo: Cycling the backblocks of Thonburi.

Cycling in Asia forum

Cycle Advice?

Posted by pirmelenge on 14/9/2013 at 13:14

Hello All,

I know mostly everyone on this forum might be the DIY bike tourers - more power to you! But for those of you who have taken organized bike trips through SE Asia, do you have any to recommend? Or will you tell me to just save my money and go by myself? I'm interested in taking an organized trip (possibly Thailand, southern Laos, or Mekong Delta Vietnam) because I don't think I'm quite ready for a solo bike tour. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Molly

#1 pirmelenge has been a member since 5/9/2013. Posts: 13

Posted by MADMAC on 15/9/2013 at 09:28

Man I knew a guy out of Hua Hin who did this. Forgot his name. Used to have his card. If I find it I'll send it to you.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/9/2013 at 19:37 admin

I've not used this company personally, but a very keen cycling friend in Bangkok highly recommends Grasshopper Adventures.

Hope that helps.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by pirmelenge on 16/9/2013 at 19:27

thanks guys! any recommendations help :)

#4 pirmelenge has been a member since 5/9/2013. Posts: 13

Posted by manauljourneys on 20/9/2013 at 00:14

Hi pirmelenge! We have bicycle touring in the Philippines too. Here's a recommended link - http://itsmorefuninthephilippines.com/bicycle-touring/

Also, we can arrange your Philippine trip for you. We customize travel itineraries for clients going to the Philippines. Just email us if you're interested - manauljourneys@hotmail.com.

Have a great trip in the Southeast Asia!

#5 manauljourneys has been a member since 19/9/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by OnTwoWh33ls on 19/4/2015 at 23:20

I used to work for a travel company in Siem Reap, Cambodia that sold Grasshopper Adventures tours, and the feedback was always very good. I would certainly recommend checking them out.

#6 OnTwoWh33ls has been a member since 19/4/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.