Finance and money forum

euros/dolars

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Hi all,

I've read that dolars are accepted and are the first currency after local currencies. The problem is that with the euro losing a lot towards the dollar two exchanges (one at home to have dollars in cash and eventually another in Vietnam/Cambodia to get local currency) might make me lose a lot of money in rates. So the question is if taking euros instead of dollars would be ok. Can one change euros at most places in Indochina? For example in Southern Laos, do they accept euros? Jewelleries in Vietnam?

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 5/6/2010 - 16:38

• Advertisement

• chicoelnino

Click here to learn more about chicoelnino
    Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010

I would like to find out about this also!

#2 Posted: 8/12/2010 - 09:25

• 5acrefarmer

Click here to learn more about 5acrefarmer
    Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2009
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

A possible answer to your question is that the US $ has devalued about the same as the Euro. Both have weakened so you should not loose out. But this may not be the case for your currency. I am looking at it from the Australian $ point of view. Compared to the Australian $ both the US $ and the Euro have dropped by 25% recently. Good news for me!

#3 Posted: 8/12/2010 - 12:30

• MikeRoger

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2011

what about the exchange rate of Singapore dollar if i take them to Vietnam and Cambodia?

how to fix bad credit

#4 Posted: 3/1/2011 - 15:24

• peter27

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2010

One Singapore dollaris around 3861 Riel (KHR)
    And One Riel (KHR) isaround 2 dong (VND)

#5 Posted: 8/1/2011 - 18:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.