Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

HELP NEED MONEY ADVICE. LEAVING FOR ASIA IN A WEEK.

Posted by scl on 22/6/2010 at 10:00

Hello, I'm planning to go all around SE asia for 4 months.
I'm planning to use my regular australian debit card, my canadian visa card, and a travel australian bank card.
Problem is, it costs so much money to take cash out in the ATM in asia, so I want to use the ATM as least as possible, but I dont want to take out a bunch of money because I dont trust myself with a bunch of cash on me.

what is the best way to do it??

and what is a good amount to take out at each time in SE asia???

any help would be greatly appreaciated - im leaving on july 5th and im not quite sure what im doing.

cheers

Samantha

#1 scl has been a member since 10/2/2010. Posts: 10

Posted by sharpie on 22/6/2010 at 10:40

hi,
if you are Australian i would suggest looking into the wizard clear advantage mastercard it had absolutely no fees :) seems to good to be true although there is lots of research on the web to suggest that it is as it seems. i have also read a really good post on it some where on this site but i have no idea how to link maybe pop in the search box and see whats happens.

#2 sharpie has been a member since 28/2/2010. Posts: 36

Posted by scl on 26/6/2010 at 12:25

thanks for your reply but im canadian.
im just travelling australia before i head to asia

#3 scl has been a member since 10/2/2010. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.