Photo: Time for some larger notes we reckon.

Finance and money forum

Cost of 7 weeks in SEA. Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia

Posted by joshuacorn on 24/6/2010 at 12:27

I am currently in the very early stages of planning a trip to SEA with my partner. We plan to fly to singapore and spend maybe a week and then 3 weeks in malaysia (including Sarawak and Sabah)and about 3 weeks in indonesia (Mainly Java but possibly Sumatra and Sulawesi).

Would like any advice on how much this would cost (on a per day basis).
Would $10000 NZD cover this excluding the initial flight to singapore? (as of now $10000NZD = $70000 USD, or 5700 EUR.

We would be doing it on the budget but would like to stay safe and clean. We would not be partying or drinking and prefer a mix of city (singapore, kuala lumpur, Jakarta) and Nature and getting off the beaten track.

Is this time-frame ok, or too short?

(any advice on great locations?)

#1 joshuacorn has been a member since 24/6/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by laraortiz on 27/6/2013 at 16:12

Hi Joshua,

Did you ever go on this trip?

I stumbled on your thread, and the questions you're asking are exactly the same as ours. My partners and I are flying to Singapore in about 6 weeks for a 7-week trip from NZ. We want to keep it to around $10,000NZD or appx. $7,800USD and see Malaysian Borneo, Singapore, Sumatra, Java and Bali, though we'd consider switching to Sulawesi and dropping one of the others on advice from someone.

Sorry to see that no one ever came to your aid, but I'm hoping maybe if you have now gone, that you might have lessons from experience to share. Otherwise, if anyone else out there is watching this thread, any info would be appreciated.

Lara

#2 laraortiz has been a member since 27/6/2013. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.