Finance and money forum

3 weeks Thailand --- Food and Booze

• TheDeere

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

Hi All,

We are 12 friends traveling to Thailand over Dec 2010, visiting Phuket, Samui, Ko Tao, and Phi Phi. All flights and accomodation has been booked and paid.

I am just wondering about the costs of food( Lunch and Dinner) and booze(Buckets , Local Beer and Vodka Redbull) we budgeted, 1500 baht per day per person for food and drink would that be suffieciant?

The group parties quite hard!!

Please assist.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Regards,
    The group parties quite hard

#1 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 01:20

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Holy crap! I budget less than that per day for everything - food, transport, accomodation, and beer! But apparently I don't party quite as hard as your group.

I'd say that should be enough money per person per day for two meals and a pile of drinks, but you could easily spend twice that much too if you weren't paying attention.

You'll save a bit of money on food by eating Thai instead of foreign cusine. You can also save on drinks by taking advantage of happy hour deals and by purchasing beer and spirits in local grocery stores instead of drinking exclusively in bars. Be sure to max out on what you can bring into the country with you duty free too. There is nothing wrong with having a warm-up drink or three in your room/balcony before heading out for the night.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 04:39

• TheDeere

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

Thanks exacto will keep that in mind when hitting the parties spots.

What is the average price of a beer in the grocery store?
    What can i expect to pay for for a bucket in club?

Am i correct to say that on the beach in Phuket you will pay +- 60 baht for a local beer?

Thanks once again for you assitance.

Regards

TheDeere

#3 Posted: 30/6/2010 - 14:05

• JessandScott

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2008

We're heading to Phuket and Phi Phi in the end of Jan/beginning of Feb 11 and I was going to post this exact question, thanks :)

We travelled to Bangkok, Siem Reap, Koh Chang and Koh Mak in March 09 and spent well under our AUS$100/day - just under 3000 baht - for 2 ppl budget (for absolutely everything - accomm, food, booze, transport, spending money)... but that wasn't in peak time, and I'm assuming Phuket and Phi Phi are more expensive. We're setting ourselves an accommodation budget of AU$50 / 1770 baht this time so now I just need to sort out our food and booze budget (mostly local food, mostly beer)... am interested in everyone's replies to TheDeere!

#4 Posted: 9/10/2010 - 11:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.