Finance and money forum

cheapest Asian country to live?

• teresa7

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2010

Hi

Which of the asian countries listed on this forum is the cheapest to stay for a month...accomodation and food etc

...and what minimum monthly budget should I make?

many thanks!

#1 Posted: 4/7/2010 - 23:14

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well, that all depends on yourself how much you are willing to spend.

Laos and Vietnam are by far the cheapest I've been to. Cambodia is sometimes getting more expensive because of the dollar. Thailand is not as cheap as it used to be a few years ago but still a lot cheaper compared to western countries.

I've met people who barely live on about 350 € a month. for myself I always figure I need about 800 to a 1000 € to do my thing.

All depends what you want to do, If you like some parties and a good restaurant meal once and a while, if you're willing to stay in a guest house for $5 a day or going for more luxury at $10.

for a 1 month stay in the same place you can get some good arrangements for an apartment in Vietnam for about 120 € (155 USD). same prices in Thailand depends on where you are. You always get a lot of discounts if you stay for 3 months or longer.

#2 Posted: 2/8/2010 - 22:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Procedure to bring live plants (flowers) from thailand back to my country (Brunei Darussalam). ... By blueeulb on 7 Jul 2014 0 127 7 Jul 2014